Quantcast

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
So if activities that require closeness cannot be sustained. Why not allow activities like cycling take their place?
I suppose it depends on where you are. If you’re in a place where riders will be on common paths, that’s a lot of potential respiration in a limited space for an airborne virus. There’s also the potential for accidents that’ll put you in a hospital or medical facility. There’s also the fact that it’s easier to police activities when you limit the variety.
Just my thoughts.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
With the beard you'd be just as well off with a regular surgical mask.

If you have masks I don't think it'd hurt to wear one whenever in public. I'd do so but have no such mask supply.
i think i would feel safer with this....

20200330_203852.jpg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Got my first screening today when I went to pick up some medical records for the VA. Yay. 97.3°F

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Question I proposed to a combat medic friend:

Do you think we are at the point of needing to wear n95 respirators when grocery shopping ? Both CDC and WHO say they are only for people with symptoms and healthy people don’t need to wear them. But there are conflicting reports out there that say the virus might be aerosol (s.p.). I had one in one of my tool bins. It seems fine. I also have a huge beard that would probably need to go.

Thoughts ?
I have seen an interview to a top Korean Dr. (who is an authority on this subject, as was responisble for the last SARS response on this matter), and he suggests masks are not recommended in the West, not because they are not effective (he argues they are), but because they are in short supply.

Here is the link. Very fact-based information from a reliable source.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Shit is hitting the fan pretty quicky in Ecuador. They dont have a realistic number of covid-19 deaths, but funeral homes in Guayaquil, one of the hardest hit cities, are saying there is a 5-fold increase of deaths in March vs other months.

There are videos of people laying dead on the streets of Guayaquil, and nobody willing to pick them up or touching them.
I thought it was a fake video, or something from a movie... but holy shit, it appears to be true.

Vice president of the country formally announced the construccion of a mass grave in the City.

Last edited:

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I have seen an interview to a top Korean Dr. (who is an authority on this subject, as was responisble for the last SARS response on this matter), and he suggests masks are not recommended in the West, not because they are not effective (he argues they are), but because they are in short supply.

Here is the link. Very fact-based information from a reliable source.
Posted (about) that twice in the last couple days. Nobody cared.

:D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So company sent an email saying an employee at another Portland location has tested positive so folks not already WFH start today. Only folks there now are shipping and receiving to handle global business. Closed for 2 weeks.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
One observation from this area, is how different towns/counties are handling things.

Last week while living in a suburb of Toronto, majority of stores all had policies about the number of customers allowed in the store and they were all being enforced. The liqour stores (LCBO) had locked doors and were only allowing 4 people in at a time. Grocery stores had similar restrictions.

Fast forward a few days and now I'm living 40 minutes north in a much smaller town out in farm country. Around here it seems to be the norm that warnings and posters are up at store entrances, but no such limit on customers in the store. The LCBO store here just made sure that we used some purell before going in. The grocery store yesterday was wiping down all the grocery carts before giving them to customers. All stores seem to have arrows on the floor, to get everyone moving in the same direction...