Quantcast

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Another brain surgeon, now admitted at the hospital that employs her.

I wonder how she feels about social safety nets. I bet she's philosophically against them... :disgust1:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
There are also plenty of places that poorly manage their supply chain under the guise of being lean, only to bear the cost on the back end. Nothing like sitting on $200K in WIP while it waits for $1K worth of hardware to come in.
There is a real sweet spot of dysfunction when you set up a very lean supply chain and go with the lowest cost least reliable suppliers from every corner of the world. AKA, American Corporate strategy
Boy oh boy. I know an airline that probably wont exist at the end of the year that would LOVE to hire the two of you.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
schrodenger's virus^:rofl:

Hey @dan-o. The point wasn't what's your favorite political party or president. The point was that yes, we could have prepared better for this. Everything you just linked shows there was an appetite, a budget, and a framework for doing it. And at one point it was happening. They blew it.

Not like we'll have a choice but this time next year these conversations are going to be very different. Our gov't is too used to thinking fund allocation needs to prove (quick results). They're learning this is different. The hard way. The US and other countries are collapsing the world economy because we spent too much time dicking around and spending money on tonka toys for grown men that we'll also "never use". Difference with this is that we knew we one day would need medical supplies.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My company just told all NA employees to take two weeks of their PTO before the end of June.

I guess they don't want everyone banking it to take later in the year if there's an early festivus miracle and some sort of resumption of normality (I don't see that occurring before a vaccine).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My company just told all NA employees to take two weeks of their PTO before the end of June.

I guess they don't want everyone banking it to take later in the year if there's an early festivus miracle and some sort of resumption of normality (I don't see that occurring before a vaccine).
You may want to explore the legality of their request...

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

I believe CO law states that PTO must be paid out in the event that you happen to accidentally be terminated/laid off. Sounds like bean counters at work to me.

edit: Vacation time must be paid out, not "sick" time.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sounds like Obama also sat on his hands.
For the answer to this one would have to look at the budget proposals by his office, the budgets proposed by the parties in charge of congress during subsequent years, and what was actually signed.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
:rofl:

We’re in complete agreement.
Three administrations spanning both parties have overlooked this.
I suspect they’ll overlook it again when this blows over too.
It got started though. They just overlooked the follow through.

I don't know man. If this one doesn't leave a mark, I don't know what will. If they ignore this a second time........

What am I talking about, of course this will happen again because we're a nation of morons who never learn. Nvrmnd

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
It got started though. They just overlooked the follow through.

I don't know man. If this one doesn't leave a mark, I don't know what will. If they ignore this a second time........

What am I talking about, of course this will happen again because we're a nation of morons who never learn. Nvrmnd

That’s what I’m saying.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:rofl:

We’re in complete agreement.
Three administrations spanning both parties have overlooked this.
I suspect they’ll overlook it again when this blows over too.
They have all ignored antibiotic resistance. And when that comes it will never go away, hell this could be the event that triggers it. Yet we still feed massive amounts to animals so we can save a few cents on a quarter pounder. I am sure we will look back while holding a child dying of tuberculosis and know it was worth it.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I believe CO law states that PTO must be paid out in the event that you happen to accidentally be terminated/laid off. Sounds like bean counters at work to me.

edit: Vacation time must be paid out, not "sick" time.
Unless you have "unlimited" vacation. Then you get paid isht.

1585871700384.png

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
They have all ignored antibiotic resistance. And when that comes it will never go away, hell this could be the event that triggers it. Yet we still feed massive amounts to animals so we can save a few cents on a quarter pounder. I am sure we will look back while holding a child dying of tuberculosis and know it was worth it.
TBC child is not my cost center. Dont care.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wife (who was laid off) just sent a final email to her teams, I told her to include a music video link to sum things up.

She didn't think we could use my first suggestion...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
This new normal of people using of hand sanitizer constantly won't help with that either.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This new normal of people using of hand sanitizer constantly won't help with that either.
I don't think there is much of a risk to bacteria from becoming resistant to alcohol, that definitely does not contribute to antibiotic resistance, but unnecessary use can rid yourself of friendly bacteria that help fend off the bad stuff. Love thy biome.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I don't think there is much of a risk to bacteria from becoming resistant to alcohol, that definitely does not contribute to antibiotic resistance, but unnecessary use can rid yourself of friendly bacteria that help fend off the bad stuff. Love thy biome.
If the vacation rentals in my neighborhood don't chill the fuck out, I'm about to start sharing my biome with some front porches.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
link me bro!
All kinds of bullshit out there

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Ok this is what I gleaned from today's ALCO's Covid 19 task force conference call. They are recommending that all personnel wear face masks outside of their homes and all the time while on duty due to the now presumed airborne latency of the virus. So mask up when you are out and glove up when touching public stuff: door knobs, gas pumps, touch screens. And its not a bad idea to clean all store purchases before bringing them into the house, remembering to disinfect the reusable shopping bag too.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
“Spirit of human civilization”
Motherfucker guy who ate a bat will bring millions of deaths upon us for a craving.

Btw, kosher laws and the torah were hella advanced.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007