Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
so fucking adorable

the little waddle walk with the front hands tucked in.........omigod. And the wittle toungue!! squeeeee

fuck china

They should still eat cats though. Those prehistoric autism eyes on PCP have no place in civilized society.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I gotta tell you guys I was apprehensive as shit about walking into a locked down Skilled Nursing Facility this morning. I've been there many times before in the ambulance and it is not a place I would ever have one of my family members, 300 bed understaffed Medi-Cal / Medicare facility. Yeah they screened you by taking your temp and the screener wore gloves and a surgical mask. Not a single other staffer was masked up. Total County protocol violation. I was so glad when they said that the client was not going and I walked out even though I was gloved up, wearing eye protection, and had a respirator on. I fully deconned myself with clorox wipes before getting back into the rig. No wonder the virus sweeps though those hell holes.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I gotta tell you guys I was apprehensive as shit about walking into a locked down Skilled Nursing Facility this morning. I've been there many times before in the ambulance and it is not a place I would every have one of my family members, 300 bed understaffed Medi-Cal / Medicare facility. Yeah they screened you by taking your temp and the screener wore gloves and a surgical mask. Not a single other staffer was masked up. Total County protocol violation. I was so glad when they said that the client was not going and I walked out even though I was gloved up, wearing eye protection, and had a respirator on. I fully deconned myself with clorox wipes before getting back into the rig. No wonder the virus sweeps though those hell holes.
fuck

now I gotta have kids

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
All my friends and family have been telling me for years how awesome kids are. Now that they actually have to spend time with them, I hear they are all assholes.

I just plan on to keep riding, perhaps take up sailing. One day I just wont make it back.
Sounds like a plan.

No kids here so I've been working on developing crazy backpacking endurance and stupid high cholesterol. Wanna get so far out into the backcountry, have a massive heart attack way too far to get back for help.

This Covid-thing has put a damper on my hiking, but I've been maintaining a diet of mostly bacon and ice cream. But not to worry when this is all over, there will be trails to hike/ride and many fried things to eat.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Wow.
This is an opinion piece, but it’s fucking spot-on, IMO.
Sobering. End of the US Empire in sight?

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Prob same for us. Except I don't think it will even be $100. I thought maybe portion for kids, but not sure how all that is calculated. I was just going to use it to pay my taxes this year anyway lol.
My calculations somehow showed $900, but I'm pretty sure it's wrong. I expect $0.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
All my friends and family have been telling me for years how awesome kids are. Now that they actually have to spend time with them, I hear they are all assholes.

I just plan on to keep riding, perhaps take up sailing. One day I just wont make it back.
Don’t forget your pet volleyball.

my kids are pretty cool. Most of the time.

JUST LIKE ME! Amirite!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
This guy is a champ.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Hey @scrublover how you doing?
1st night back after a stretch off. Ugly. We've about 2/3 of our hospital wide available ventilators in use ATM, majority with C19 patients.

Am rotating through a couple shifts in our ASU where we have 18 beds set up in one big open space. We've done similar with our PACU and dialysis. My regular 20-bed ICU and tep-down unit are pretty full as well. Our ruling out patients or patients that have gotten better and stable enough to be extubated are on two of our regular floors in the main tower.

Get all geared up, go in and do shift for a while. Swap out for a break. Go back in. Staffing and PPE is OK for now, though they are having us use 1 mask/shift if possible.

Quite a few of us have our own respirators from home with the right filters in and are just using those to preserve gear for others.

I expect it to get worse as we close in on "peak" time, lose staff, run low on PPE, sedation/pain meds.

The non-icu staff (not used to vents, sedation, etc) have really stepped up.
Can't imagine how fucked we'd be otherwise.

I go back in @ 0400.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
You may want to explore the legality of their request...
What do you suggest? Like @6thElement we are being "forced" to reduce our salaried hours, but to not affect take home pay, we are taking vacation days. My hours have been reduced 20%, so I need to take one day of vacation per week.....right now, who knows what itll be in the future.

I'm not sure what the other option is...get laid off and recieve even less money from the government? Take the reduction in hours as being dismissed and collect severance, but not have a job at the end of it?

It's not really the time to contact an employment lawyer either due to how tight money is right now...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
What do you suggest? Like @6thElement we are being "forced" to reduce our salaried hours, but to not affect take home pay, we are taking vacation days. My hours have been reduced 20%, so I need to take one day of vacation per week.....right now, who knows what itll be in the future.

I'm not sure what the other option is...get laid off and recieve even less money from the government? Take the reduction in hours as being dismissed and collect severance, but not have a job at the end of it?

It's not really the time to contact an employment lawyer either due to how tight money is right now...
i dunno how things work in canuckistan but your local / provincal / federal regulations are public record. i'd start with your region's department of labour (or equivalent) website regarding things like PTO. see if there's regulation that would preclude them from forcing salaried employee's to use accrued PTO.

related story: when my wife was trying to go back to work after her accident, her boss didn't think he had to pay her for hours worked because she was still on disability and was a salaried employee (she was working limited hours and trying to phase in). we found out that they were required by law to pay her for hours worked (even though she was a salaried employee and on disability) from the company handling her disability claim. we checked our state's department of labor website and learned that she had to be paid within 30 days. they were WELL past the 30 day deadline (almost 4 months). her manager was the one who had to submit the paperwork and he just kept dragging his feet for weeks. This was when we started poking around our state's department of labor website and learned the regs regarding getting paid (as previously mentioned). all it took was one email to my wife's manager, his manager, and HR informing them of the state law and that they were in violation of it, and that if they didn't process the paperwork by close of business that day that she'd be filing a complaint with the state's department of labor.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
My sister and her husband are physicians – they have 3 children.

In the last week of February, my brother had an impromptu break from work and decided to go see a friend in New Orleans. He left NO on Sunday, and started having symptoms at the airport... he flew back to Pittsburgh and immediately quarantined himself in the basement of their home. His suspicions that this was C19 was confirmed when he learned a couple of days later that his friend and friend's mom were severely ill and hospitalized with telltale symptoms, that arrived with the same timeline that his did... confirmed about 5 days later via test.

Luckily his symptoms were not severe. At this point, he tried to get a test and could not. 5 days later, he was given a test. It took 13 days to get the results. The results came back positive.

Their strict quarantine at home worked. He stayed down there 3 weeks. All 4 above ground didn't catch anything.

fwiw.

Last edited:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Estimating ~7 of my 12 hour shift spent in the C19 gimp suit.

Schweddy balls!

All five of us in that unit last night are back tonight.

We discovered not only does their little Boombox sound system work at least for some terrible radio signal it also has a 5 disc CD changer. So I threw down "hey everyone gets to bring one CD of their choice we put in them all in there and hit shuffle" for party time.

20200403_083327.jpg

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
i dunno how things work in canuckistan but your local / provincal / federal regulations are public record. i'd start with your region's department of labour (or equivalent) website regarding things like PTO. see if there's regulation that would preclude them from forcing salaried employee's to use accrued PTO.

related story: when my wife was trying to go back to work after her accident, her boss didn't think he had to pay her for hours worked because she was still on disability and was a salaried employee (she was working limited hours and trying to phase in). we found out that they were required by law to pay her for hours worked (even though she was a salaried employee and on disability) from the company handling her disability claim. we checked our state's department of labor website and learned that she had to be paid within 30 days. they were WELL past the 30 day deadline (almost 4 months). her manager was the one who had to submit the paperwork and he just kept dragging his feet for weeks. This was when we started poking around our state's department of labor website and learned the regs regarding getting paid (as previously mentioned). all it took was one email to my wife's manager, his manager, and HR informing them of the state law and that they were in violation of it, and that if they didn't process the paperwork by close of business that day that she'd be filing a complaint with the state's department of labor.
Nice detective work Karen

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

I checked with my manager and because all my teams are business critical and 100% billable we are exempted. I'll likely still point out to them to take some voluntary PTO if they can so not everyone is trying to cram it at the same time later in the year.

I've already been taking Friday afternoons as PTO as I've maxed my PTO contributions and I'd rather sort of use it, rather than lose it.