Quantcast

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
there goes the neighborhood.

Source: financial Times

The White House tried to force 3M to export masks to the US from its hub in Singapore as tensions with the Minnesota-based manufacturer spilled into the open in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. 3M this week resisted demands by White House officials to send about 10m N95 respirator masks being produced in Singapore for markets in Asia to the US, according to a person with direct knowledge of the matter. The company was reluctant to accept the White House request on legal and humanitarian grounds, as medical workers across the region would be deprived of protection, the person said.

White House officials have also been attempting to persuade 3M to limit exports from US facilities to nearby countries, including Canada and Mexico, according to the person familiar with the matter.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
@AngryMetalsmith thought this was an interesting article.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
@Gary
I summon thee!!!!

Quick wackin' off in the horse barn and say something drunk!
I wish I was drunk

Sorry for not updating sooner. We both now seem to be over the worst. (but, yeah... how do we know).. breathlessness when doing nothing is now rare. but still doesn't feel right. tight chest feeling still there.

Thanks for the feels.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I wish I was drunk

Sorry for not updating sooner. We both now seem to be over the worst. (but, yeah... how do we know).. breathlessness when doing nothing is now rare. but still doesn't feel right. tight chest feeling still there.

Thanks for the feels.
glad to hear it. keep taking care of yourself. :cheers:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
remember that next time some shithead libertarian is on about free market solutions to problems led by the best minds

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I have been wearing nothing but a pair of underarmors, a tie dye and hoodie for the past, hell, I can't even remember.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
there goes the neighborhood.

Source: financial Times

The White House tried to force 3M to export masks to the US from its hub in Singapore as tensions with the Minnesota-based manufacturer spilled into the open in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. 3M this week resisted demands by White House officials to send about 10m N95 respirator masks being produced in Singapore for markets in Asia to the US, according to a person with direct knowledge of the matter. The company was reluctant to accept the White House request on legal and humanitarian grounds, as medical workers across the region would be deprived of protection, the person said.

White House officials have also been attempting to persuade 3M to limit exports from US facilities to nearby countries, including Canada and Mexico, according to the person familiar with the matter.
Its worse than that, and I dont think you get those news in the US.

Shipments/planes loaded with PPE for Canada/Germany/Brazil/France/Mexico have been bribed on the runway at airport of origin to re-route to the US, or straight up pirated and had the cargo unloaded while doing refueling stops in the US.

Peru has bought about 3 million N95 masks... and the official quotes from Chinese suppliers state that "flight stops, and secure airports for stops must be secured by the peruvian government, in order to avoid having the cargo unloaded/used by the airport,s government ".
They are referring to the US, its not an isolated practice.

Trudeau in Canada:

Last edited: