Quantcast

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Emergency
Fake news, he said he'd be too busy to golf while in office.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I wonder how she feels about social safety nets. I bet she's philosophically against them... :disgust1:

Townhall.com:
These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Townhall.com:
These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.
Aware, will look for objective sources like Jacobin going forward.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
fuck yeah, hook a brother up!
when i was last in california i visited a friend i had not seen since highschool.....in two of his kitchen cabinets were about 20-25 different mason jars....labeled....from the farm he worked on...

every morning when he woke up he would be like...steve... you mind if i take a rip....why the fuck would i....you are the one who is sick....smoke as much as you want....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@johnbryanpeters from the link you posted about hospitals....another story about a blueprint for a new party on the side....

To put the electoral possibilities of this approach into perspective, consider a few numbers. In 2014, there were 1,056 open-seat state-legislative races (races where no incumbent was running). The median winner spent only $51,000, for the primary and general elections combined. Two-thirds of the races cost less than $100,000. And in 36 percent of all state-legislative races that year — almost 2,500 seats — the winner had run unopposed.
interesting...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
So, the US litigation happy society is finally realizing that lawyers won't save you when shit gets real?

Yea, I am sure we will learn that lesson. :rolleyes:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Yea that's not exactly how manufacturing works.
It kind of is.

Remington offered manufacturing space to an industry operating at capacity.
How hard would it be for 3M to set up production there?

Other companies have already utilized their tooling/staff.

1586014935601.png

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It kind of is.

Remington offered manufacturing space to an industry operating at capacity.
How hard would it be for 3M to set up production there?

Other companies have already utilized their tooling/staff.

View attachment 143073
No it's actually not. Certain processes and equipment can be retrofit while others can't. So asking if their facility is capable of manufacturing what they're offering is absolutely a relevant question.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
No it's actually not. Certain processes and equipment can be retrofit while others can't. So asking if their facility is capable of manufacturing what they're offering is absolutely a relevant question.
Obviously there are limitations but a lot of what's needed is basic.
Here's two examples of completely unskilled labor/facilities taking up slack.
Making shit isn't black magic.

'On Monday the governor of New York announced the state will also be using prison labour to produce 100,000 gallons of hand sanitiser for schools, prisons, transportation systems and other government agencies.'

'Women inmates at the Lo Wu prison in Hong Kong have reportedly been asked to work night shifts to make 2.5m face masks a month after a huge rise in demand according to Reuters.'

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Obviously there are limitations but a lot of what's needed is basic.
Here's two examples of completely unskilled labor/facilities taking up slack.
Making shit isn't black magic.

'On Monday the governor of New York announced the state will also be using prison labour to produce 100,000 gallons of hand sanitiser for schools, prisons, transportation systems and other government agencies.'

'Women inmates at the Lo Wu prison in Hong Kong have reportedly been asked to work night shifts to make 2.5m face masks a month after a huge rise in demand according to Reuters.'
Retraining manual labor is easy. That's not the gating factor. What good is having enough laborers to build a thousand parts a week if the subcomponent suppliers can only provide enough parts to make a hundred?