Quantcast
That was a more viable option when Safari had it set up so you could manually delete relevant cookies. If you just hit clear history and everything along with it, then you lose your favicons in the Bookmarks menu.

The javascript hack works, but it is a little annoying.
Using Chrome, click on the padlock icon to the left of the URL, select Cookies, and delete the displayed cookies.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Cool. Given its footprint I wonder if that's just a CPAP or BiPAP machine, as were those initially sourced by Tesla and donated to NY State.

Those have their role, but are not "ventilators" in the sense of being intubated, sedated, and ventilated. (Furthermore without filtration/"masking" of the exhaust gases they may seed the whole ICU.)
Some more details here https://www.corovent.com/

Based on what I've read, these are purpose designed and built for long term treatment of covid patients. Note the support from the Czech government. Virtue signaling is frowned upon in my culture.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Using Chrome, click on the padlock icon to the left of the URL, select Cookies, and delete the displayed cookies.
That's pretty easy access for sure. Got me to look into Safari, and there is now a "manage website data" button that opens a similar window to your Chrome. Older versions of the browser didn't have this feature. Tried deleting a cookie to see if it would effect the favicon and it did not. Yay. So cool.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
You should have picked it up and returned it to him.
He was much faster and riding right beside his buddy. Wasn’t that keen to speed up and take issue. Before I could decide what to do, I was passed by a group of 5. Mad.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Some more details here https://www.corovent.com/

Based on what I've read, these are purpose designed and built for long term treatment of covid patients. Note the support from the Czech government. Virtue signaling is frowned upon in my culture.
Nice. Just based off of the front panel shot on that page it looks like a “real” vent.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
For the answer to this one would have to look at the budget proposals by his office, the budgets proposed by the parties in charge of congress during subsequent years, and what was actually signed.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.propublica.org/article/us-emergency-medical-stockpile-funding-unprepared-coronavirus/amp‬

‪A brief reminder that Congress holds the purse strings. Recall that the Tea Party wave came in 2010, when the House went Republican. ‬

‪Thus the stockpile of N95 masks not being replenished post-H1N1 was due to Tea Party starve the beast intransigence.‬

EC548E7A-1149-4DF8-B0A2-B4AE2DC082D2.jpeg
33D7F352-AD5D-4B14-B3B0-D1496940ECB6.jpeg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
As if I wasn’t annoyed enough by all the requests for group video chats and virtual happy hours... Checking in on FB to see how my friends are doing revealed that some folks are posting screenshots of their video chats.

I really need to delete my FB account before I hate all my friends.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm not going to share precise numbers from my institution. Given this intentional slight obfuscation:

- our ramp up in ICU admissions for COVID started ~March 25
- if ICU volume increases at the average daily rate observed from March 26-Apr 3 then we will exceed our typical licensed ICU max headcount in well under a week from today (and that's assuming no one else in the now-merged ICUs for non-COVID)
- if ICU volume instead increases at the lowest daily rate over that March 26-Apr 3 period then we will buy ourselves an extra 3 days
It is possible we have added more ICU beds--we've combined all teams into Surge ICU 1-4, it appears. But the point is this is getting real, quickly.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Nice. Just based off of the front panel shot on that page it looks like a “real” vent.
Agreed.

Something stripped down, minimal frills. So long as you can get me high PEEP and quick/easy controls, a basic PSV mode, I'd be happy enough.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I'm not going to share precise numbers from my institution. Given this intentional slight obfuscation:

It is possible we have added more ICU beds--we've combined all teams into Surge ICU 1-4, it appears. But the point is this is getting real, quickly.
We've 80-ish beds spread around for vented C19 patients. ICU. SD, PCU, ASU, PACU and in-patient dialysis.

We ICU nurses are split up and sprinkled around amidst the various repurposed other staff.

Spent last 3 nights in C19 ASU with 16-18 vented patients. An ortho PA was our in-unit go-to, with two of our ICU pulmonologists in house. They told the PAs to cover whatever the ICU nurses asked for. Nice.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
It’s now illegal to buy pants in my city no matter how far apart you stand, but the goddamn Mayor is gathering his parishioners on Palm Sunday to eat Jesus cheezeits.

Anybody have either a satan or a grim reaper costume I can borrow? Thinking about showing up.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
The performance by the Trump administration and the government as a whole in responding to the coronavirus pandemic will be thoroughly examined. The president’s handling already is a focus of criticism, and his reelection could hinge on how the public assesses his leadership next November. A national commission similar to that which was created after 9/11 could follow with a thorough exploration of what has happened.

Lessons will be learned and changes will be made, as they have after other disasters. Anyone looking for a few simple fixes — a fuller stockpile of material, more funding for public health, a designated agency to deal with the next new virus — will quickly find themselves disappointed. Those changes alone, however needed, will not have solved the underlying problems of a governing and political culture that, for all the good they can do when called upon, have limits, especially when officials are caught unawares and forced to act in new and unfamiliar ways.

“I’ve often wondered if democracy writ large is designed to be responsive rather than preemptive,” said Tom Ridge, the nation’s first secretary of the Department of Homeland Security. “One of the lessons perhaps as a result of this is we’ll be a little more inclined to be preemptive. With election cycles every two years, there is not a lot of credence given to people who take a longer view.”