Quantcast

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Back on subject: leaving to get my second Pfizer jab here in a few minutes. I'll check back in later.

Good luck, and stay safe out there.
Parked in downtown Denver at the Pepsi center to get said second jab, they’re delayed because they started earlier than normal. Not sure how that works?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
They drive almost exclusively, taking 2.5 days or so. They wore out their 2nd gen Prius making the drive over and over and now have a 4th gen one.
the one year my younger brother and his ex wife drove from denver to nc and back they rented a prius....maybe a first generation...nephews were really young....all he did was draft semi's there and back whenever possible....stops for gas were few and far between....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So after getting my second dose of Pfizer Tuesday, I was wiped out yesterday, just like after my first dose. This time though I had the added bonus of a headache that came and went. I also had full body aches and pains that felt exactly like the ones you experience with the flu. I didn't have a fever or chills or any of that stuff, so that was good. Feeling normal again this morning.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Second dose yesterday, low level headache started about an hour or two after the shot. Today I’m on the struggle bus... the headache is worse, my arm and shoulder and neck are very sore, and I have muscle and joint ache. Need to find some Tylenol and coffee, stat.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Second dose yesterday, low level headache started about an hour or two after the shot. Today I’m on the struggle bus... the headache is worse, my arm and shoulder and neck are very sore, and I have muscle and joint ache. Need to find some Tylenol and coffee, stat.
Hang in there, champ! And hydrate. It's weird how gimps like us feel the side effects, but others feel nothing.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Hang in there, champ! And hydrate. It's weird how gimps like us feel the side effects, but others feel nothing.
As I'm up and about this morning, my joints and muscles are starting to loosen up a bit. Thinking that maybe blaming that on the vaccine was premature... I did change the winter tires on the van last night which involved lugging the mounted 10-ply BFG All Terrains down from the attic of the race car shop. And then I stood around on the concrete floor for a few hours helping work on a few car and other projects. Getting old especially sucks when you can't even identify the source of your pain.

The headache though... that has to be side effects of the vaccine. And of course the sore arm, but at least I can lift this coffee mug to my face.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Friend of mine runs an au pair program in the area. She is having problems with a host family freaking out about their au pair getting vaccinated. They are afraid that if the au pair gets a shot she will give the family blood clots. They have absolutely no concerns of actually contracting COVID.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Friend of mine runs an au pair program in the area. She is having problems with a host family freaking out about their au pair getting vaccinated. They are afraid that if the au pair gets a shot she will give the family blood clots. They have absolutely no concerns of actually contracting COVID.
they sound Republican

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
they sound Republican

They sound uneducated and irrational. So yeah.

But around here there are equal odds they think that the 5G signals will interfere with their chakras and healing crystal energy therefore transmitting the blood clot synergy through bad vibrations.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
They sound uneducated and irrational. So yeah.

But around here there are equal odds they think that the 5G signals will interfere with their chakras and healing crystal energy therefore transmitting the blood clot synergy through bad vibrations.
Ah, good point. I can only imagine the idiocy currently afoot on, say, Vashon

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

In related news: 75% of residents of Trousdale County, TN are *also* dumb motherfuckers. :disgust1:

Years ago after a long weekend backpacking in TN my friends and I stopped at a local diner and we're a little concerned about our rather unshowered condition. After we sat down it was concluded that we were the cleanest people in the joint.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Apparently vaccine shots are now available for 55 and over in my little burg.
Astrazeneca is on offer. Was kinda hoping for the Pfizer or Moderna. (Wifey in healthcare gotz da Pfizer) Do I continue my misanthropic existence and hold out for the prefered, so do I go for the AZ and graduate to mere hermit?
Still no sign of anything over here - work and live in York Region fwiw.

Though HR has posted something on the fridge in our kitchen saying shots are available for some younger age brackets, but only for those in high risk neighborhoods.

Bumped into the HR manager at this factory today and casually mentioned something like "so yeah hopefully we can get those vaccines sometime soon?" Her response, lets just say, was vague to say the least. So I'm guessing they still have no idea when it'll be.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
6 events, women 48 and younger, most 20s and 30s. I don’t think anyone on RM besides maybe the Chinese spammers fits that demographic
Hrrrmmm, wonder if these women also have/had used hormonal birth control....

My wife was part of a class action lawsuits against one of these drug manufacturers. Like one of those lawsuits that are advertised over daytime TV, since she suffered a DVT as a result of the drug she had taken before we had met.

Makes me glad she went the Pfizer route.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Hrrrmmm, wonder if these women also have/had used hormonal birth control....

My wife was part of a class action lawsuits against one of these drug manufacturers. Like one of those lawsuits that are advertised over daytime TV, since she suffered a DVT as a result of the drug she had taken before we had met.

Makes me glad she went the Pfizer route.
I do believe I read an article that stated only one of those six were found to be using birth control. It was probably the article that JBP posted here since I get most of my "news" from Ridemonkey posts.