Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
stores require you wear a mask....yet no employees are wearing them...

have a nice day.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Honestly she probably isn't even that old. I've noted that short of some gray hair, people my age who take care of themselves look like they are in their 30s, those that don't look like they are well into their 50s. The well used catchers mitt look tends to fall in the later category.
....oh you mean her face

took me a sec

Im like....but she has pants on

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

"One of the Idahoans wrote back, not to say he may have misjudged the situation, but to instead accuse the hospital of now being part of my conspiracy: 'My initial thought on reading this is the hospital may be falsely reporting to get more COVID funding. I will dig into it.' "

butnevermind.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

"One of the Idahoans wrote back, not to say he may have misjudged the situation, but to instead accuse the hospital of now being part of my conspiracy: 'My initial thought on reading this is the hospital may be falsely reporting to get more COVID funding. I will dig into it.' "

View attachment 165135

He wrote Idahoans, I read idiots. I keep going back and the same thing happens. Not a big deal, pretty much synonymous in this context.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

View attachment 165135
We’re approaching 700,000 dead in the U.S., and yet every day I still get feedback from readers who insist it’s all overblown. Or that it’s no worse than the flu. (I long ago stopped responding to the flu comparison people, but if I did, I would note that it takes 20 years for the flu to kill this many people.)
This is all such bullshit.
10k Americans have died from the 2019-20 flu season.
But Coronavirus.
@eric strt6 i wasn’t directing my post at you per se.

I was in China during SARS and also don’t think the King Flu data coming out of China can be trusted.

That said, hearing people speaking of this in excited tones at the local store is a little much at this stage.
The first couple pages of this thread really are something.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Luckily... We are under the best numbers ever for covid.
Deaths are almost back to pre-pandemic numbers, vaccination rates are 50%+, with those 25 and under still to be eligible.

Masks are legally required everywhere, indoors/outdoors and there is a "double mask" requirement for indoors.
Funnily enough, I dont think wearing one mask on top of another is any better than wearing 1 correctly... But wearing 2 masks greatly reduced the chances of incorrect/under the nose/ill fitting/with exhaust vent use, so I believe it has helped a lot in the end

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Luckily... We are under the best numbers ever for covid.
Deaths are almost back to pre-pandemic numbers, vaccination rates are 50%+, with those 25 and under still to be eligible.

Masks are legally required everywhere, indoors/outdoors and there is a "double mask" requirement for indoors.
Funnily enough, I dont think wearing one mask on top of another is any better than wearing 1 correctly... But wearing 2 masks greatly reduced the chances of incorrect/under the nose/ill fitting/with exhaust vent use, so I believe it has helped a lot in the end
Sounds like a distinct lack of freedumb.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
2 cases of covid in primary school today. Each one generates an individual email. The vaccines for 5-12 cant come soon enough!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Cases are starting to drop again, like I mentioned earlier the Delta variant burns hot and fast, it vaccinated a lot of people the natural way. Killed a lot of them too. Racked up a lot of medical bills. It is safe to say that when health insurance premiums go up all the Brians will be screaming ObAmAcArE!1!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Cases are starting to drop again, like I mentioned earlier the Delta variant burns hot and fast, it vaccinated a lot of people the natural way. Killed a lot of them too. Racked up a lot of medical bills. It is safe to say that when health insurance premiums go up all the Brians will be screaming ObAmAcArE!1!

SeE iT wAs A hOaX

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You know, Idaho is a pretty great place, aside from the people. Clear some of them out and it wouldn't be such a bad place to settle down.
meh

I go to idaho just to get away from the fart sniffers regularly driving 10 hours to and from the mountains in their dope land rovers, pointing fingers at mountainbikers destroying tHe eNvIrOnMeNt™ while expecting salted roads, perfect pavement and literally starting huge forest fires, demanding power to the people social media while demanding better service and margarita prices in real life .......... and bitching about unstaffed closed restaraunts because they're too fucking arrogant and stupid to know how things work.

horse dewormer and the collapse of capitalism for all

Last edited:

avlfj40

Chimp
Sep 21, 2021
College football start 2 weeks ago. Packed stadiums and the virtually vaccinated. We are going to be in for a hell of a few months. This might bring the % of fully vaccinated up.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Checking out at Trader Joe's in a lane by the front. A lady with two young kids and no masks walks in the door and comes toward my register. She asks if there are any extra masks. The guy says they don't have any, but she can go ahead and shop and just bring one next time. Then he turns to me and says he can't really do anything if customers don't mask up. I thought - yeah, but you don't need to invite them in and give them permission.