Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Man... I hope shit doesn't hit the fan for them. I mean... more than it already has. :disgust:
Me too, her sister is by far highest risk (heavy, smoker, southern diet) but the fact her ungrateful kids who still live at home brought it isn't surprising.

Honestly I'm shocked it took this long.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This looks to be a staffing issue... If you pay shit, you can't get the necessary staff to run a school.

"What we're often seeing is that administrators or counseling staff are having to cover classes and are not able to fully do their responsibilities and duties to serve students within their intended capacity."

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Interesting update on the Dad anti-vax situation. My Mom emailed Wifey about when she can come out to visit. So Mom's finally said "FTS, I'm visiting, you figure your own shit out". He'll likely be doing Xmas by himself apparently.
Am not really sure thats a good idea, for all parties involved that is.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mask mandates back from Wednesday for our county, I predict 30% participation if we're lucky. It's probably been < 10% in recent history pre the mandate coming back.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

I'm sorry, that shits funny to me.
When I read stuff like that it makes me question my decision to not pursue a medical career. I think I could have been an okay doctor which obviously pays better than awesome metalsmith. Even a shitty doctor makes bank. Oh, that and I would be doing residency in my 50s, nope.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sister in law's household got some COVID action, thus Thanksgiving dinner is off.

Sister: boosted, tested negative

Brother in law: boosted, tested positive, mildly symptomatic. Got a UCHealth telehealth visit yesterday and thus was set up with IV monoclonal antibodies at a system hospital across town today.

Elder kid: Unsure if vaccinated, tested negative. Edit: vaccinated, two shots.

Younger kid (7, I think): got first vaccine shot, tested positive, asymptomatic. She probably brought it home from school.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Hey all,No change with the son for Turkey Day. He is Mad at the Goverment and still will not get the shot. My question to All is this. He continue’s to send me Link’s that disprove COVID if you will. Do any of you read these? Tome,it seems like going down a rabbit hole,so I do not read it. Though something tells me I should read it? “The Rubin Report”,withJordon Peterson on YouTube is the last post he sent me.
Avy

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Hey all,No change with the son for Turkey Day. He is Mad at the Goverment and still will not get the shot. My question to All is this. He continue’s to send me Link’s that disprove COVID if you will. Do any of you read these? Tome,it seems like going down a rabbit hole,so I do not read it. Though something tells me I should read it? “The Rubin Report”,withJordon Peterson on YouTube is the last post he sent me.
Avy
Just respond, "All those links you sent me are bullshit - get the shots."

And people can be mad at the government and still do the not-stupid thing with regards to their own health and the public's health. HE is the one making this political... the vaccines work.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Avy
A canadian psychologits isn't exactly an expert on infectious diseases. he does however have training on how to get people to believe in bullshit.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
A canadian psychologits isn't exactly an expert on infectious diseases. he does however have training on how to get people to believe in bullshit.
Yeah I did not watch it. When I say rabbit hole I mean I am beating my head to a wall with him. He is Mad,I think a A lot of his Generstion are Mad Westy. I think they are More Aware of the Wrong than my generation due to the Internet,and due not trust the Goverment. Then COVID came.Just trying to give what I think he is struggling with in his Mind to you. As I said before,he is on leave and is telling me he is not going back to his job of 17 years? I ask of his plan,he has none. He tell’s me he will figure it out. I tell him Life does not work like that,bills,the roof over you‘re head. We just go around around. I really feel the Farthest I have Ever been from him and all I can do is wait.
Avy

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Avy
If he thinks "The Blaze" is a credible source of news, he's probably too far down the rabbit hole, but the orange satan has been publishing summaries from the Herman Cain Covid award "winners" on Reddit.

TL;DR the arc of free-dumb is as follows:

Shit post Facebook memes -> Fuck around and find out -> Calling all Prayer Warriors -> The sweet release of death -> Go Fund Me for funeral costs -> pointless loss of life

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I know several people who have had to exclude family members because they refuse the vaccine for irrational reasons.
/me raises hand

Parents are still being anti-vax idiots despite their over-education. In spite of? Because of? Too much pot in the 60s? hmm

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Better than having unvaccinated family members at large family gatherings where high risk elderly family members are in attendance.
I dont have antivaxx family (covid taking out 1% of the adult population and starting the pandemic with 250 ICU beds countrywide makes wonders for vax compliance), so I wouldnt know how to respond.

Maybe have the family get together outdoors, with masks? Maybe have non vax family members use masks (n95 hopefully)? maybe ask them for a negative test?

I still use a mask when I visit my in laws, and I open all the windows and try to be in the yard when I visit my mom.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I dont have antivaxx family (covid taking out 1% of the adult population and starting the pandemic with 250 ICU beds countrywide makes wonders for vax compliance), so I wouldnt know how to respond.

Maybe have the family get together outdoors, with masks? Maybe have non vax family members use masks (n95 hopefully)? maybe ask them for a negative test?

I still use a mask when I visit my in laws, and I open all the windows and try to be in the yard when I visit my mom.
ALEXIS,on you’re first paragraph. I feel that is a Hot Topic. One that has me wore out.

Second paragraph,I pleaded with him(@ girlfriend)to just take a test so Pa can relax. Eat,Drink,Smoke is what we do. I do not Feel it is too much to ask for his Mother and I to take swab of the nose. I really Feel in My Heart when ”They” said No to even take the test,that All is Lost. How can you not take a swab for you’re Mother? Now his Mother is getting Mad as tomorrow is near. I am not cutting any line,just venting.
Avy

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Alexis......buddy. You know a lot about what goes on here. Not getting vaccinated is not just a simple choice in an otherwise well-intentioned individual. It's a marketed lifestyle of defiance. No way in hell you convince most of these people, family or otherwise to give a flying fuck about another human being and wear a mask or make any concession to their convenience whatsoever. It's a scene, not just one individual health care choice.

250 ICU beds nationwide? Holy fuck. You might be onto something.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Thought I would be able to travel to see family for the holidays. Come to find out partial vaccination requires a 14 day quarantine upon return to the country. He is off school for 17 days total. That’s 20 hrs of driving for maybe 3 days?! Damn. Going to have to think this one through.