Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm seeing a lot of COVID pneumonia this weekend. 30s-80s, lots in the 50-60 year old range. All unvaccinated except for one unlucky dude immunosuppressed after a heart transplant.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Not really looking forward to going back to school tomorrow. Our numbers were SO high Monday and Tuesday of last week....hoping for the best and that our peak is past, but knowing many gathered and travelled has me worried.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
we have an adult aged DS Covid-19 patient at the moment. unvaccinated due to trumper parental unit idiocy. kid is currently getting ALL THE ICU THINGS to no avail.

trumper parents want to sue the hospital for Y U No IvErMeCtIn!?!?!?!?

the head of our unit gave them a politely worded "good fucking luck with that, since your dumb ass didn't get her vaccinated" you know, the thing that probably would have actually prevented her getting sick, and probably not slowly dying.

fucktards.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
we have an adult aged DS Covid-19 patient at the moment. unvaccinated due to trumper parental unit idiocy. kid is currently getting ALL THE ICU THINGS to no avail.

the head of our unit gave them a politely worded "good fucking luck with that, since your dumb ass didn't get her vaccinated" you know, the thing that probably would have actually prevented her getting sick, and probably not slowly dying.

fucktards.
what a f’ing mess. Feel bad for the kid. I sometimes wonder what this situation would be like without the misinformation.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Well, youngster got the first dose of the vaccine this weekend.

Wondering if we try to travel at the holidays given the numbers in the usa atm. Really not looking forward to entering shitshowland for a number of reasons…

To travel would require a 3 week rather than 2 month 2nd dose (as they’ve scheduled him for). Going to see how the next couple of weeks go.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke

fucktards.
DS?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Well, youngster got the first dose of the vaccine this weekend.

Wondering if we try to travel at the holidays given the numbers in the usa atm. Really not looking forward to entering shitshowland for a number of reasons…

To travel would require a 3 week rather than 2 month 2nd dose (as they’ve scheduled him for). Going to see how the next couple of weeks go.
I don't envy your quandary. that sucks pretty bad. any chance that some (vaccinated) members of your family would make the trip up North to be with youz guys? Montreal usually ain't a bad place to be for Christmas...

My kids were supposed to get their jab today. Then we noticed that they are turning kids away who have had their flu shot in the last 14 days. They had theirs 9 days ago so.... I rebooked to Sunday. Still gives them 2 weeks before Christmas. fingers crossed.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
so while you back slap each other on getting your third shots there are people waiting on their crack at their first shot in nigeria.....

good times....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
so while you back slap each other on getting your third shots there are people waiting on their crack at their first shot in nigeria.....
Please.

Anyone choosing to get their booster shot in the U.S. isn't depriving someone in Nigeria their 1st shot. :rolleyes:

That's a macro issue and a stupid talking-point amongst the dum dums of the 1st (eh... maybe 2nd) world.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Please.

Anyone choosing to get their booster shot in the U.S. isn't depriving someone in Nigeria their 1st shot. :rolleyes:

That's a macro issue and a stupid talking-point amongst the dum dums of the 1st (eh... maybe 2nd) world.
Yup. And a cultural issue with probably uneducated populations, too.