Quantcast

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Sooo....my cousin's daughter tested positive for Covid in a outbreak at her school in RI. My cousin and her husband had only their 1st dose of vaccine and ended up catching it through her and ended up experiencing moderate/mild symptoms. It's perplexing it took them so long to get vaccinated, but apparently after seeing enough friends getting vaccinated with no effect, they finally succumbed to the jab. My cousin was in a bad relationship before meeting her husband and at the time, her partner who is the dad of her daughter, was a full on antivax/chemtrail nutjob way before Covid. Maybe that had something to do with it, but again, still frustrating as she works at a company that helps audit medical trials.....

.....Anywho.... their is joint custody with the dad. So my cousin goes to pick up her daughter from him a couple days ago.... He's as pail as a ghost and is incoherent since he can hardly breathe when he gets to the door. She was able to convince him to get to a hospital. He resisted at first because he 'had no insurance', but finally decided to get transport. O2 Saturation was at 82%. He's been at the hospital since and it sounds like he's still under 90% and now in the upper half of the 80's.... Apparently he found someone like minded because his new wife was at home with the entire time just dealing with a 'little cold'.

To think that a parent's decisions could put a child in position where they would feel responsible for their dad's death is sickening to me.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Sooo....my cousin's daughter tested positive for Covid in a outbreak at her school in RI. My cousin and her husband had only their 1st dose of vaccine and ended up catching it through her and ended up experiencing moderate/mild symptoms. It's perplexing it took them so long to get vaccinated, but apparently after seeing enough friends getting vaccinated with no effect, they finally succumbed to the jab. My cousin was in a bad relationship before meeting her husband and at the time, her partner who is the dad of her daughter, was a full on antivax/chemtrail nutjob way before Covid. Maybe that had something to do with it, but again, still frustrating as she works at a company that helps audit medical trials.....

.....Anywho.... their is joint custody with the dad. So my cousin goes to pick up her daughter from him a couple days ago.... He's as pail as a ghost and is incoherent since he can hardly breathe when he gets to the door. She was able to convince him to get to a hospital. He resisted at first because he 'had no insurance', but finally decided to get transport. O2 Saturation was at 82%. He's been at the hospital since and it sounds like he's still under 90% and now in the upper half of the 80's.... Apparently he found someone like minded because his new wife was at home with the entire time just dealing with a 'little cold'.

To think that a parent's decisions could put a child in position where they would feel responsible for their dad's death is sickening to me.
That sucks big time. However, the only one responsible for the dad’s possible death is himself and his own irresponsibility/risk acceptance. This pandemic is not new. Everyone should know the story by now. Chickens coming home to roost and all that…

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
That sucks big time. However, the only one responsible for the dad’s possible death is himself and his own irresponsibility/risk acceptance. This pandemic is not new. Everyone should know the story by now. Chickens coming home to roost and all that…
Yes, but...

From a child's perspective; they got it at school and brought it home...there is a vey good chance they would feel responsible. Hell even as an adult, if for some valid reason you could net get the jab,( or even if you are fully vax'd) and were the infecting vector; I know that I would be totally conflicted. Logic says one thing, emotion another.

Shitty situation no matter what angle it is viewed from.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
this could go is so many threads, this, not all bad news, religious psychosis....View attachment 168136

Instead of getting vaccinated, “we can pray, we can get ivermectin and budesonide and hydroxychloroquine,” said [the now-deceased televangelist]

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Cases in South Africa have now increased 10 fold and deaths maybe have doubled, but that is still kind of within the noise. Good news so far.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
we live in fucked up times

I mean not quite as bad as medieval dark ages inquisition stuff but we're getting there.......
Good news in the fact that the Delta variant surge had somewhat of a linear relationship between increased cases and deaths where as the presumed Omicron surge has yet to demonstrate such a relationship, hopefully implying that the new dominant variant is significantly less sever than Delta.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Good news in the fact that the Delta variant surge had somewhat of a linear relationship between increased cases and deaths where as the presumed Omicron surge has yet to demonstrate such a relationship, hopefully implying that the new dominant variant is significantly less sever than Delta.
I knew exactly what you meant. But the fact that we live in an environment where that's good news is still kind weird.

Drop those infection and fatality rates in 2019 and no one is going *whew*

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I knew exactly what you meant. But the fact that we live in an environment where that's good news is still kind weird.

Drop those infection and fatality rates in 2019 and no one is going *whew*

It is very possible that at least among vaccinated individuals Covid could become *just the flu* if Delta is displaced.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
So, my sister and her husband aren't vaccinated...multiple quarantines with 2 kids in school and just before Thanksgiving she got it. Not too bad...no smell and cold symptoms. Fast forward to this week and her husband starts feeling sick on Sunday. By Wednesday he was not doing well and went to urgent care. Test positive and was told to go immediately to the ER (not their local as it is over capacity right now, but to my local hospital). Turns out he is quite sick and his O2 levels were in the 70s. He's been there since and hasn't gotten above the mid-80s. My sister was upset about it and stopped by my house. I made her wear a mask and gave her some dinner and some goodies for her kids to boost their spirits. My amazing 9 year old (who got her 2nd dose on Monday) says..."guess you all should have just gotten the shots so this wouldn't happen. Love you Aunt Heather, hope Uncle Bruce gets better soon" and carries on with her evening. I love her blunt truths and my sister just stood there speechless.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
torn between "like" and "dislike"

I hope your BIL gets better soon, but yeah, get the shot! My wife is currently debating going to a company holiday party next week. Rapid test at the door and mandatory vaccine policy, but still...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So, my sister and her husband aren't vaccinated...multiple quarantines with 2 kids in school and just before Thanksgiving she got it. Not too bad...no smell and cold symptoms. Fast forward to this week and her husband starts feeling sick on Sunday. By Wednesday he was not doing well and went to urgent care. Test positive and was told to go immediately to the ER (not their local as it is over capacity right now, but to my local hospital). Turns out he is quite sick and his O2 levels were in the 70s. He's been there since and hasn't gotten above the mid-80s. My sister was upset about it and stopped by my house. I made her wear a mask and gave her some dinner and some goodies for her kids to boost their spirits. My amazing 9 year old (who got her 2nd dose on Monday) says..."guess you all should have just gotten the shots so this wouldn't happen. Love you Aunt Heather, hope Uncle Bruce gets better soon" and carries on with her evening. I love her blunt truths and my sister just stood there speechless.
I'm torn between laugh and sad face. Good luck.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
The "Winner" from me is for your super smart daughter! :thumb: