Quantcast

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Covid finally caught up with me a few weeks ago. Went from feeling fine to having a bad sore throat for a day followed by two days of chills, aches, etc. Tested positive at the end of the first day with the sore throat. By day 4 I was feeling much better, but had some lingering symptoms for another week. It took 13 days from onset to test negative so that I could stop wearing a mask. Luckily no lingering or long haul symptoms that I know of. I still don't know where I picked it up from.

I have the original double dose of the Moderna vaccine from spring '21 plus one Moderna booster administered at the very end of 2021. I never did get the second booster this year.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
we're being told we have to wait three months after having Covid before getting the next booster. For me, that's mid-October. Kids are eligible now though... should get on that.
wife and i just passed the 3month mark from when we had it in June. our son got his last weekend. our daughter hasn't been long enough since her initial dose just yet.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
at least ONE positive came out of our national/global nightmare*:

https://twitter.com/JohnRossMD/status/1572539106324008960

1664924659274.png

The science:

*masking
#MuhFreedumb...

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
20221005_102941.jpg

Fucking wonderful.

Started getting stuffed up last night. Was a shitty night trying to sleep and actually breathe at the same time. Got up feeling like absolute ass. Stuffed up, tired, body aches and a medium grade tension style headache. (like I don't have enough of those already. Having two different headaches at the same time REALLY sucks.)

Did a rapid antigen test and it showed the dreaded line in seconds.

Sunday, we went to see some friends of mine in a band that held a reunion show. First time the played together in 12 years. Was fucking awesome. :rockout: ...and the best thing was I didn't have to help teardown and lug gear at the end of the night. Yay.

Figures though, that this is the first time the wife and I have done anything indoors since Rona started.

Weather is mint and I just put new tires on the bike. Was planning on a decent ride, on what will probably be one of the last really nice days this year.

Did I say FUCK?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
View attachment 182833

Fucking wonderful.

Started getting stuffed up last night. Was a shitty night trying to sleep and actually breathe at the same time. Got up feeling like absolute ass. Stuffed up, tired, body aches and a medium grade tension style headache. (like I don't have enough of those already. Having two different headaches at the same time REALLY sucks.)

Sunday, we went to see some friends of mine in a band that held a reunion show. First time the played together in 12 years. Was fucking awesome. :rockout: ...and the best thing was I didn't have to help teardown and lug gear at the end of the night. Yay.

Figures though, that this is the first time the wife and I have done anything indoors since Rona started.

Weather is mint and I just put new tires on the bike. Was planning on a decent ride, on what will probably be one of the last really nice days this year.

Did I say FUCK?
Boooo........

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Two weekends ago I spent most of it riding higher than 11k ft with no issues, felt great on the Monday ride. This past weekend I did a simple short ride on the Sunday from home and still feel like I'm about to keel over dead. FTS.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
View attachment 182833

Fucking wonderful.

Did I say FUCK?
I know it fucking sucks and this won't offer much comfort, but I hope you get well soon dude!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
View attachment 182833

Fucking wonderful.

Did I say FUCK?
That's balls. And you just got new bike parts! And it's warm out!

Hopefully yall aren't too under the weather get back at it soon.

Didn't you or your wife have covid recently too? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else..

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
That's balls. And you just got new bike parts! And it's warm out!

Hopefully yall aren't too under the weather get back at it soon.

Didn't you or your wife have covid recently too? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else..
Thanks man.
We have been super careful as my wife is moderately-severe asthmatic.
Neither of us have had it yet and are both triple vaxed. I had on my todo list for today was to call about a booster as we are heading to Costa Rica in the middle of December.

So far the people I went with including my wife are all testing negative.
Not sure where I would have picked it up other than the show 'cause I'm basically a hermit due to my head. I ride when I can and most of the time alone as keeping a schedule is difficult to say the least. So my interaction with people outside of my house other than the two guys I travelled to MA and QC with for riding adventures is almost non existent. I have not been in physical contact with them for a couple weeks so that is not the vector.

So, now I get to play hidey-guy in my own house. :disgust1: