Quantcast

~~Covid Thursday Morning~~

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Pair of Lab Austere bags ordered. IMA go biking. We are nearing the end of the fatbike season, getting it while it last.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Working from home today--la escuela de idiomas is doing a trial run for when if it closes the campus for the beer virus.

I really wanna go play in the garaje instead...got the moto cartridges straightened out for the forks and the new headlight brackets should arrive today, and the Canfield is built but needs the final touches and some sealing o' the tires.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Kids (& wife) school closed today due to possible infected person in school yesterday.

Meeting this morning in office to start working remotely from home.

Canceling trip to Nicaragua later today.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
It's very exciting times, isn't it? I've seen volcanoes (Mt St Helens,) tsumanis (couple spots of trouble over in Asia,) earthquakes (Peru, Fiji, Mexico etc,) and now a pandemic starting a global crash. All that's left is a large scale meteor strike. <Looks at sky>

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hiya fellers LMAO! I ran five miles on the swanky high school track before sunrise...tired legs after a fairly hard bike workout last night. I like that track because there is enough ambient lighting that I don't need to wear a headlamp. Five weeks until the Boston Marathon and I surprised it hasn't been cancelled yet. In anticipation of said cancellation, I have booked a hotel for the New Jersey Marathon the following weekend, which I made sure I can cancel if that marathon is called off too.

tl;dr: fuck it

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hiya fellers LMAO! I ran five miles on the swanky high school track before sunrise...tired legs after a fairly hard bike workout last night. I like that track because there is enough ambient lighting that I don't need to wear a headlamp. Five weeks until the Boston Marathon and I surprised it hasn't been cancelled yet. In anticipation of said cancellation, I have booked a hotel for the New Jersey Marathon the following weekend, which I made sure I can cancel if that marathon is called off too.

I can't wait to not root for you while you sit at home instead of running! It's going to not be so exciting!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I can't wait to not root for you while you sit at home instead of running! It's going to not be so exciting!
There's no way that event is happening.
Mayor Mahty was on NPR yesterday musing about locking down the city.

I thought I read that the Boston Marathon had, in fact, been cancelled.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
nah the st paddys parade has though.

my boss and co-worker have been sick since last thursday. I don't understand why people don't just stay home when there's a fucking head-cold-like pandemic going on. My son has breathing issues and if these dingdongs put him at risk so they could attend an extra meeting.... :angry:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode last night, which is the first time in about 3 weeks. Damn I was feeling it, the first half was awesome, but the second was a slow slogfest.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
nah the st paddys parade has though.

my boss and co-worker have been sick since last thursday. I don't understand why people don't just stay home when there's a fucking head-cold-like pandemic going on. My son has breathing issues and if these dingdongs put him at risk so they could attend an extra meeting.... :angry:
You should just go home 'sick' when you see those tools walking in the door.
Museum my wife works at is debating holding a 300+ person event saturday.
Dept that's sponsoring it refuses to cancel so she's telling them this morning they can staff it themselves as her people won't be attending.
The lack of leadership is staggering.
fucking idiots. Everywhere.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Desktop has quit connecting to internet for some reason. Exact same issue as the Xbox a couple months ago. Sees wifi, connects to wifi, no interwebs. Phones and other devices still connect no problems. Router/modem or do I have two admittedly aged devices with the exact same problem?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Dept that's sponsoring it refuses to cancel so she's telling them this morning they can staff it themselves as her people won't be attending.
That's my plan. I have a co-worker who agrees. If she shows tomorrow, we'll ask her to go home. If she refuses and says she's fine, my plan is to just up an leave. I don't care if I get sick, but I don't want to give my son a cold that causes shortness of breath when he's spent 10 days in the hospital for shortness of breath....

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
where does your wife work?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
fucking idiots. Everywhere
It's times like these that really drive that point home.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So the plumber and I had a good laugh at my situation. The fuckers that installed the sewer pipe didn't glue this elbow joint (likely any joint) hence the root intrusion. He will cut it off and use a two piece elbow in it's place with copious amounts of glue. Total damage "a couple hundred bucks".

But he agreed it was much cheaper for me to dig 2 holes than to pay to have someone else as they would have dug where marked as well. I learned a lot frome this exercise.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I had 5 vm's before the mkt opened...
WTF do these people expect you'll do for them? The whole market is down and going to drop even further, not like you can miraculously generate gains by yourself, or save their portfolio from this drubbing.

The only thing to do is wait this one out. Well, and invest what you can for the inevitable recovery.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
WTF do these people expect you'll do for them? The whole market is down and going to drop even further, not like you can miraculously generate gains by yourself, or save their portfolio from this drubbing.

The only thing to do is wait this one out. Well, and invest what you can for the inevitable recovery.
I suspect some of these people are "older" Americans and have, perhaps, come to the realization that their risk tolerance isn't *actually* what they thought it was. And they hate to hear "I told you so" from their financial advisor... :D