Quantcast

CP Grand opening this weekend?

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
yup! ...I've finally have it finished (new frame, cranks etc)...well almost, I would like to score some new wheels, but it's great for now...

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Wassup Dan? It's Chase(aka: The Chode/WKC), with the silver Gemini 2K. Where you been? No one has seen you out at CP! When you going out there next? Would you be interested in any urban rides over the next few weeks? There is one leaving from Merritts shop, Re:Cycles around 7:00pm tonight, (PM me if you need directions). Anyways, I have no idea if the 14th is the official opening of Country Park. I can find out for sure, but it will be later tonight or tomorrow before I get the werd.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1452956&highlight=oro#post1452956

For some reason i cant get the thing to link, but at the bottom of taht page motomike said taht 5/14 was the grand opening, but that was a long time ago. The original plan was gonna involve a p.1 raffal, but i dunno if that deals still on. If saturday is the grand opening, i definetly wanna show up. I think I've got Merrit's number somewhere, I'l try to call him tomorrow.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I know that the P.1 is definitely being raffled, along with two Specialized helmets. I say just show up Saturday and ride. Alex, did you go jumping somewhere without first consulting me?!? I say those pix, you fool!

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
motomike said:
Alex, did you go jumping somewhere without first consulting me?!? I say those pix, you fool!
I wouldnt dare! i am honestly offended that you would make such an accusation

really though, i didnt...

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Dan, this is Alex with the identiti, It was nice to meet and ride with you. Now that Summer's comin up we need to try to get some regular sessions around here

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
Hey Alex,

Definately had a great time ridin' - how's our partner on the P2?...he sure did slam hard - I got to thinkin' about it, he could have had a mild concusion - remind me of his name?...I suck at names!..tell him what up for me and hope he recovered ok!

by the way - this coming Sunday/22nd (afternoon around 1:00) Merrit and I are hoping to go to Salem Lake - we could use your direction, both Merrit and I have never been!

Post up or pm me...

danW

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
danW said:
Hey Alex,

Definately had a great time ridin' - how's our partner on the P2?...he sure did slam hard - I got to thinkin' about it, he could have had a mild concusion - remind me of his name?...I suck at names!..tell him what up for me and hope he recovered ok!

by the way - this coming Sunday/22nd (afternoon around 1:00) Merrit and I are hoping to go to Salem Lake - we could use your direction, both Merrit and I have never been!

Post up or pm me...

danW
As far as I know aaron (p.2 crasher) is ok. He mighta had a concussion, but he was able to keep it together for the rest of the day. He's actually knocked himself out for a split second before at hobby (i got it on tape and when i sent it to Manimal he told me he likes to watch it when hes in the mood for a laugh)

I'd love to show you guys around Salem Sunday, but I cant make it until 2:40ish. If thats cool with you Im more than game.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
I crashed hard that day too, at Salem though, on the tabletop. I guess bad karma. Yeah Alex, Dan is right. We should definitely hit Salem on Sunday if everyone can go. I have been drooling over the palet (or however you spell it) drop and must fill an urge to hit it again. I'll make sure Merritt goes, since he always pussies out of rides. By the way Dan, there is an urban ride tonight from Merritts shop Re:Cycles around 7:00pm. Be there or you suck. I'll PM you my number if you need more info or want to pla for any other rides.

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
Chase, No urban for me, work stuff :dead: - I'm still very busy with the company move...my evenings/nights are pretty busy until next week - then we'll go urban...you can teach me to manual when we go : ) ...Heard about the crash too - can't remember who told me though?..glad you're ok and ready to roll!

Alex - 2:30ish on Sunday afternoon for sure...now that Chase is going to mention it to Merrit, I'll remind him too...should be a great day - would be super cool to get a lot of locals hittin' it up! Like I said - I've never been there so I'm super stoked!

I'll post again to confirm...

I should also be at CP tomorrow after work - around 5:30pm or so...Hoyt told me last week he'd be there too...

later - danW

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
hey, where's my invitation???? If I go, I will be there probly before lunch until dark. And BTW, please don't mention the name of the place we are going to. I'll explain on Sunday.

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
what up moto...

you know you're invited!

...as to protocol / do's & dont's, please let us (me) know...I'd hate to screw something up!!!!!!!

However, since it's been mentioned - I guess everyone knows that sunday will be a great time at smith mountain lake...near the bait shop...at donnie's farm...(me and my big mouth)

danW