Quantcast

Crab-core? Do we need this, or even want this?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
A challenger apears! Crabcore is nothing compared to crunkcore. All the worst music in one single song.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You know your band is going to suck when:

-you listen to Ben Folds song "Rockin' The Suburbs" and take the line "some producer with computers fixes all my sh*tty tracks" as an epiphany

-you missed the memo that wearing matching costumes is only acceptable if your name is DEVO

-you're not even creative enough to come up with two different words for your band name

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I going to nominate that Joe should have the sig "outbeered by old guys" changed to "Crab-core"

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
A challenger apears! Crabcore is nothing compared to crunkcore. All the worst music in one single song.

Wow, just Wow.

Someone get me my rifle.

But Norbar, I do have to ask, how the hell do you even know that existed? Did you google ****ty music?

For Narlus:

Please for the love of god tell me you didnt pay money for that, and your actually a shoptlifter.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
looks like some of the kids i saw outside of lollapalooza this weekend.

i think it is great. this next generation is so androgynous, surely they will never breed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
looks like some of the kids i saw outside of lollapalooza this weekend.

i think it is great. this next generation is so androgynous, surely they will never breed.
Hopefully the girl pants cause infertility.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So, if its a self parody, then they're making fun of themselves and other bands like them for wearing crappy cloth and doing stupid choreographed dance moves, by wearing crappy clothes and doing stupid choreographed dance moves? :confused:

Generally, the self parody requires over the top ridiculous performance. While I agree that was ridiculous, it was not far enough out to be classified as a "self parody". Nor have they been around long enough or are they well enough established to really have a "self" to parody.

Epic Fail.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
So, if its a self parody, then they're making fun of themselves and other bands like them for wearing crappy cloth and doing stupid choreographed dance moves, by wearing crappy clothes and doing stupid choreographed dance moves? :confused:

Generally, the self parody requires over the top ridiculous performance. While I agree that was ridiculous, it was not far enough out to be classified as a "self parody". Nor have they been around long enough or are they well enough established to really have a "self" to parody.

Epic Fail.
Check out bands like Breathe Carolina, the Medic Droid, Jeffree Starr, etc.

It's 1/2 serious, 1/2 joke.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Never said I was trying to defend them, only that I like them. :thumb:
I'm in the same boat with Attack Attack. I like the music (hey, I like emo/screamo and electronica/techno, only thing better than both separately is both of them combined into one ****ty package).

If there's anything we can ALL take away from this thread, it's that white boys listen to crappy ass music.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm in the same boat with Attack Attack. I like the music (hey, I like emo/screamo and electronica/techno, only thing better than both separately is both of them combined into one ****ty package).

If there's anything we can ALL take away from this thread, it's that white boys listen to crappy ass music.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
You mean this Danzig?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hadn't seen that before! Too funny! Watching a guy who spends all day trying to look/be tough get floored is satisfying. The groupie ho talking sh!t after is just classic.

I don't think anyone in metal deserves being punched in the head more than Danzing.