Quantcast

Cracked knee pad

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have a pair of Kali Aazis knee pads that I've hard for probably 6 rides, and I just discovered the right knee pad is cracked. I'm not sure why, as i honestly haven't taken a spill in them at all. It's right at the top of the knee cup, and I can feel it underneath the kevlar front panel.

I'm not sure if this is something that I should be worried about or not. Fortunately, I bought them at a super nice local bike shop, so I may just pop over this weekend and see if they can help me out regarding warranty, but it's pretty disappointing to have found a split with such little use. Is this even something worth worrying about? I guess it is, if I can crack them by jumping into a foam pit...hmmm

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
I think it should be something to worry about. Maybe not for skatepark riding or something, but out in the woods do some high speed descending I wouldn't trust them anymore. Especially if they cracked jumping in a foam pit, sounds like they wouldn't be suitable for DH even before they cracked. If you take them to the LBS they could probably sort you out on warranty, but in my experience with doing warranty claims through the LBS is that I have to leave the part with them. Every time I have called a manufacturer direct to make a warranty claim, I get to keep the part while they send me a replacement or parts to fix it etc. I would call Kali personally and tell them what happened, then you can get the pad shipped to your house saving two trips to the shop, and you could get to keep the pad so you are not left with an incomplete pair. If you tell them they are basically brand new and it cracked in a foam pit, there won't be any problem sending you a replacement, maybe even a replacement pair.