Quantcast

Craftworks ENR

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
So when do you launch the kickstarter then start yelling at potential customers?

The bike sounds great, congrats on the reviews

hmcleay

i-track suspension
Apr 28, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
Quick update:

A couple of magazine reviews are now online.
Links are in this page: http://www.craftworkscycles.com/index.php/enr
The Aussie review was done with a couple of rides, the NZ review is based on a long term (still going) test.

Also, we've now got some bikes in the UK. Details to be released soon. Should mean some good pricing for UK/EU customers.

We're almost out of stock of large frames here in Aus. If you're thinking about getting one, hit me up for international shipping quotes (free freight if you're within Australia).

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
Just found this from the Taniwha review comments on Bikerumor:

I'd like to see a version with the shifter pads stacked on just one side of the handlebar though.

And since some crazy Swiss guy made a hydraulic ratchet box for the Rohloff hubs, seems like it would be possible to do the same with the Pinion gearbox.

I rode that bike after the hand made bike show in Salt Lake. The builder left it at our shop to be shipped back home. I really liked the two shifters. One up one down. Better than the grip shift design. Just took it around the block. No real ridding.

NSH

Chimp
Jun 1, 2019
Really loving the detail and engineering that’s gone into this bike.

Is there any plans for a DH version of the ENR?

How does the bike ride with a coil on it compared to an air shock? Or is it better with air because of the leverage ratio?
Any plans for on a demo day in QLD?

Cheers!

hmcleay

i-track suspension
Apr 28, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
Really loving the detail and engineering that’s gone into this bike.

Is there any plans for a DH version of the ENR?

How does the bike ride with a coil on it compared to an air shock? Or is it better with air because of the leverage ratio?
Any plans for on a demo day in QLD?

Cheers!
Hi NSH,

Thanks for the compliment!
I've got a DH bike modelled up, but at this stage I can't really see it being economically viable to go into production. Perhaps we'll consider some sort of crowd funding for a DH bike, so we can gauge interest before going into production.

Surprisingly, the coil works quite well. There are a few customers running a coil now. It's super supple in the early stroke and has lots of support in the mid stroke. On paper, it should blow through the last part of travel more easily, but the feedback from customers hasn't suggested there's an issue with that.
We don't have plans for a demo day in QLD, but might be able to tee something up with one of our customers up there. Perhaps drop us an email through the Craftworks webform?

Cheers,
Hugh.

NSH

Chimp
Jun 1, 2019
I've got a DH bike modelled up, but at this stage I can't really see it being economically viable to go into production. Perhaps we'll consider some sort of crowd funding for a DH bike, so we can gauge interest before going into production.
Well I know I'd certainly be keen on the DH bike as its the one bike I don't have. Is it modelled off the I-Track P2 design?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Really? You know that's in AUD, approx $1750 USD.
What other frames do you think are a better deal?
$12USD now with the current exchange rate.

Can anyone see if the current model is boost or still 142mm? They say not to run boost cranks but I can't find a hub spacing on their site.
Sucks that the smallest frame has the highest stack height of all the variants, I wish all manufacturers would increase the HT length with the ST length, Trek and Black Market also have a thing for one HT length.
Commencal have a +5mm reach headset with an EC56 lower cup that should make stack height less shit for people on larger frames.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
If only we could get the suspension in a bike that doesn't look like it was painted and welded by people who did old Banshees from the Scream/Chapparal era.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Welds look ok to me.
Ive tried to tig some 6061, its not easy.
Personally the rear triangle is where the funk hits me.
Welds not being easy doesn't influence the frame looks lower quality vs others. Mainly the whole connecting thingy between the top tube and seat tube.