Quantcast

Craig's list hates me

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Probably price and demand?

You have a nice rug tho. Maybe keep it? Or ya going Brazillian?

(sorry, I have Internet Tourettes)

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Probably price and demand?

You have a nice rug tho. Maybe keep it? Or ya going Brazillian?

(sorry, I have Internet Tourettes)
Actually it's not that nice and don't want it for various reasons. The dilettante collector who gave it to me supposedly valued it around $900 but the Antiques Roadshow appraiser did not agree at all with that .( any junk pile in Turkey was what they said) One border is cut off which is really weird too. My though is someone should make some nice pillows out of it.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
My 2 cents: Not enough information on the rug and the pictures are too small plus the market for prayer rugs is limited.

The copy / fax machine is not user ready, it needs a major new part that isn't going to be cheap so... really it has no marketable value at all. Should be listed for free to avoid dump fees.

The toner cartridge most likely could be sold at 50% of retail fairly quickly.

:)

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
The copy / fax machine is not user ready, it needs a major new part that isn't going to be cheap so... really it has no marketable value at all. Should be listed for free to avoid dump fees.

The toner cartridge most likely could be sold at 50% of retail fairly quickly.

:)
exactly what I was thinking. I had a similar situation. I just donated my printer and sold all the extra cartridges I had at 30% off retail...it was all gone in a week!...D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
As was said, broken tech items are worth virtually nothing and it's made worse by the nature of Craigs List which is essentially a giant yard sale - everything for the lowest possible price. I know it's not really "broken" and that the drum is replacable but for all intents and purposes, it doesn't work so it's broken.

You're selling a $125 toner cartridge with a large, inconvenient paperweight attached that the buyer will be burdened with taking to the dump.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
thanks for the input! Maybe we will give the printer to the college kid after all, he thinks he can use it.
New drum (aftermarket) is >50 anyway.