Quantcast

craigslist: why kind of cannondale is this?

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
BurlyShirley said:
It's the kind YOU dont want.
That's a fact. It just doesn't look like something out of Cannondale, I mean, that's a lot of piping. Looks like a design Mongoose would use... :rolleyes:

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
macko said:
That's a fact. It just doesn't look like something out of Cannondale, I mean, that's a lot of piping. Looks like a design Mongoose would use... :rolleyes:
Agreed. Doesn't look like any C-dale I've ever seen since their first full suspension bikes from 1990.

Cranks look like old SHimano STX. Fork might be a low-end RS from the mid/late-90's.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Look at the welds. Hasn't Cannondale always smoothed out their welds? I'm only going back as far as I can remember (early 90's) and I don't remember them not being smooth. Nor do I remember a frame that looked like that.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
It's a Cannondale sticker on a Cheesedick frame.

I've owned about 7 Cannondales (two Los Dos tandems, SV-2000, some hard tails, etc) and I used to be a 'dale dealer.

Their signature is in the welds. They puddle weld and grind until it looks smooth.

Period.

Judging by the rear shock (no-name from A-Pro) it's a generic Chinese frame that's been illegally re-stickered with 'dale sticker.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
also look at the head tube. once c'dale started using suspension ala the head shok, they had the crazy oversized HT, which that defintiely is NOT.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
I find it ironic how the poster of this bike is so serious about not being "scammed" and involving law enforcement when he's pawning some re-stickered wal-mart special as a Cannondale. Whatevah.

BikerBoy28 said:
Macko, your avatar scares me. Get a new one.
I'm planning on adding my other dog to the avatar at some point, hopefully making it freakier to look at than yours.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Wow, that is spooky-looking. My Cannondale has the smoothest welds ever--I can't see them. It was quite a shock when my Iron Horse Kumicho arrived and the welds showed.