Quantcast

Crank Brothers new site is up!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Well first of all, the main flash page has a "tabbed" look menu. When the flash page first opens, it looks like you are in the "products" tab, even though you really aren't. So since there is nothing to select there, it looks like that new road pedal is their only product. I dunno, I just don't like the navigation... that doesn't mean it's bad though, I'm certainly no authority on the subject.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I think the problem is that they have used tiny text for the nav (big no-no), and many other features of the site. Designers love tiny text cuz it looks neat and fits anywhere - but they often use it at the expense of usibility.

Aside from the tiny text problem, that's really a pretty good site compared to the rest of the bike industry.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Heidi said:
I'm getting that new road pedal. My old Speedplays are trashed.
I haven't been able to justify yet buying real road pedals and shoes. What are the advantages? I've heard stiffer soles, but my Sidi Dominators are pretty damn stiff.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Echo said:
I haven't been able to justify yet buying real road pedals and shoes. What are the advantages? I've heard stiffer soles, but my Sidi Dominators are pretty damn stiff.
Unless you are serious about road racing and doing crits there is no advantage. I have used my eggbeater/dominator combo on the road for years. An added perk is that you look more punk, further exasperating the roadies when you out ride them.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
It would suck to show up in full roadie gear and get owned. At least when I'm wearing a MTB helmet, gloves and shoes they expect to spank me, and it's all the sweeter when they look back at the top of a climb and I'm right there :D

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I have like 5 or 6 pairs of Time ATACs. I have no idea how I ended up with so many but at least I have enough for whatever bike needs some at any given time :p

J

JRB

Echo said:
I have like 5 or 6 pairs of Time ATACs. I have no idea how I ended up with so many but at least I have enough for whatever bike needs some at any given time :p
:stupid: - I tried roadie shoes and Speedplay and Looks. They both sucked for me.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
wait, you work for CB, CF? good, then you can tell me why 2 pairs of Quattros that i ordered back in Feb were never delivered, right?

nah, just kidding. i don't know where you sit within the company, but TX4000 appreciates the help from you guys. i just wish i could get more riders to realize how badass Eggs are.