Quantcast

Cranks for an Urban/Trials setup

jay_2004

Chimp
Mar 17, 2004
Newmarket, Ontairo, Canada
I am hoping to build up an urban/trials bike in the near future. but am unsure what cranks are right. I am looking at either Raceface or Truvative, but I dont want something that will be too overkill. I weigh 150 pounds and I wont be doing CRAZY stunts, maybe 8-9 foot drops MAX. I also didnt want to pay more for something I may not use. Anyways, hope you all can help.
Thanks

Jay

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
FSA V-drive extremes work great. And are around 60 bucks. They are way stronger than RF prodigys and Truvative Husslefelts. Dunno about North Shores and holzfellers, but they certainly are a lot cheper than those cranks. I've heard of someone doing 9 to flat on them. Plus they aren't very heavy at all.

jay_2004

Chimp
Mar 17, 2004
Originally posted by BoyBoy
i assume you mean trial style drops

either way, middleburn is a very light strong option, i hear.

Just read up on them...but I still dont know how many chainrings it has....(cogs)....is it 1 or 2?

Other than that question....they seem alright..

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
you can run anywhere from 1 to 3 rings on the middleburns...they have many differnt spider options so you can get exactly what youre looking for...

ive never run them myself but form what i hear, they are very stiff and fairly light. Also, cant go wrong with a lifetime warranty that covers DJ, DH and trials....

www.middleburn.co.uk for more info, unless youve been there already...

jay_2004

Chimp
Mar 17, 2004
Originally posted by downy
FSA V-drive extremes work great. And are around 60 bucks. They are way stronger than RF prodigys and Truvative Husslefelts. Dunno about North Shores and holzfellers, but they certainly are a lot cheper than those cranks. I've heard of someone doing 9 to flat on them. Plus they aren't very heavy at all.
Crap....sorry for the confusion...I meant to ask if the FSA V-drives had only 1 cog....but thanks for the info anyways...