Quantcast

Crankworx Canadian Open DH

Tdiddy

Monkey
Apr 8, 2009
that was a fun race to watch on go211.com but I had to turn the volume off because of the announcers. The worst I've heard for quite a long time, at least since I watched NBC's coverage of curling at the olympics (reminiscent of the commentators on Best in Show).

My favorite part was when the girl went up to interview Hans Lambert, from Quebec, speaking broken English with a very French name. they kept pronouncing his name wrong, and asked him if being a local helped him to know the course really well. He was obviously confused, as he's from Quebec, and not Whistler, and said that he had a chance to do about 10 runs, so he knew the course pretty well. The announcer didn't seem to understand, and kept giving awkward questions for a little while. All in all, it seemed as though they knew absolutely nothing about the sport or the athletes, but any coverage is better than no coverage.
How about Gee being over 5 seconds up?
And Buchanan and Brosnan on a rip for the young guys?

RyanCleek

Chimp
Jan 13, 2010
Right on, thanks. I just noticed Stevie Smith's head peering over the rock in the photo of Justin Leov. Steve pulled over after flatting to let Justin pass.