Quantcast

Crankworx Colorado - Winter Park, Colorado

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
hopefully it precedes a real DH course too :D
It's in the works. I know they were starting to cut a new race course at the end of last year. I was impressed when I went in September. Not only by the current trails, but by the vision and commitment the staff has for MTB in general.

Bog Dogs

Chimp
Jul 20, 2010
Grove City, FL, USA
I might have to choose between going to Crankworks Colorado or later hitting up the Gravity Nationals in NC. Not sure I can afford to do both.

Which would be more worth it?

Are they going to have Nationals at NC for two years in a row?

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
I might have to choose between going to Crankworks Colorado or later hitting up the Gravity Nationals in NC. Not sure I can afford to do both.

That would depend on what level you race at and what your goals were.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering

Depends on whether you want to use your cruise control for 9 hours...or 29 hours.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Ummm....WP isn't having a UCI WC race (like Vail has in the past). They are just having a race that allows you to obtain points in order to race a UCI sanctioned WC race. Kinda a big difference. I won't hold my breath on "what usually comes after..."

If Winter Park ever holds a UCI World Cup race, I will actually buy a summer season pass. Just to show my support. But it will still be the Warrior Princess :D

Last edited:

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Ummm....WP isn't having a UCI WC race (like Vail has in the past). They are just having a race that allows you to obtain points in order to race a UCI sanctioned WC race. Kinda a big difference. I won't hold my breath on "what usually comes after..."

If Winter Park ever holds a UCI World Cup race, I will actually buy a summer season pass. Just to show my support. But it will still be the Warrior Princess :D
May want to buy a season pass one day ;)