Quantcast

Crankworx in Colorado

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
lol asking about crankworx?

lurk more.

edit- sry i thought you meant whistler crankworx.... never heard of the one in colorado

PDB

Chimp
Oct 4, 2006
Boulder, CO
I've seen this thread as well - Haven't been able to find out too much (I'm in Colorado and Highly interested)
I know that the same Whistler trailbuilding guru's have been rumored to start work in 07 at Winter Park, Keystone and Vail - but nothing has been confirmed.

From having ridden at Winter Park, they certainly don't have the trail infrastructure to support the "off slope" activity (they do have the terrain) - but could easily bring in the dirt to build for the contests.

Mountain biking needs to be able to scale the success of Crankworx Whistler in order to move forward (economically and socially) - but major resort or park areas need to be on board before this can happen in order to provide the trail and liability baseline needed to start this kind of movement. Sure these huge events will spur more trail growth - but the current state of trails (lack of number of trails and lack of both "green" and "Double Black") will hinder the event's potential for success.
Failure for these events to succeed will mean another setback, and another generational waiting period for the industry's success to start to flourish.

Just my humble opinion

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Same weekend as silverroxx :(. I think I will head to Idaho for that weekend and go to the real thing at whistler later in the month.