Quantcast

Crankworx - Live.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
ds was a gongshow, times messed up, finals postponed till tomorrow......the berm slayage sesh that went down though more than made up for it in my opinion, lots of laughing and smiling faces all things considered....

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
The berm session was the best photoshoot ever. Thank you Mr Lopants for getting the party started at sunset. That will go down in history.

dang! got compression?! just going through my pics now, got a few deece ones.....brian's seriously diggin't he elevation jumps too, seen him there a bunch, and always grinnin' like a fool! people seemed really chill tonight, decided to just have fun regardless....love it

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ya, it was a kick ass time. Brian started an elevation session after the berm destruction was all done.

Just got in from the monster party too. for the record, monster and jaeger is dangerous.

Even the chicks took their clothes off.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I left, the 18 hour slalom got to me....but I know Greg M was in final against Hill, Greg won first heat with a 1.5, so probably Greg won.
A lot of guys/girls did not show up for the finals today....complete debacle of a slalom, oh well.
If they get some simple things handled for next year, the slalom could be a choice event for this crankworks, the fans LOVED it, despite the 20 minute gaps between heats.

flat broke

Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Long Beach, CA
I think someone severly misjudged how much bandwidth would be required to support people logging in from all around the world. Hopefully they'll put up the live footage as it's own ripcast so we can catch it later.

Chris

hellonasty

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
MSA
Just watched first round of Slopestyle, and let me say that I just wasted an hour of my life that I will never get back...

Why people are so amazed and amped by this? I just don't understand... these guys are paid big money for what, having balls?

It really doesn't compare to a good old fast DH run, but that might just be me

and Stikman maybe...

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Just watched first round of Slopestyle, and let me say that I just wasted an hour of my life that I will never get back...

Why people are so amazed and amped by this? I just don't understand... these guys are paid big money for what, having balls?

and Stikman maybe...
It definitely isn't as interesting to me but i'm not gonna knock the sport getting any coverage at all...

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal

and Stikman maybe...
Boo hoo.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
See at least that is funny...
I'm just messin around. People like you crack me up. I ride with a bunch of the heads that are in the Slopestyle finals, and to say that they just have "balls", is straight retarded. Most of them slay the DH ultra hard, as well as everything else on a bike.
You are talking completely out of your as$.

hellonasty

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
MSA
No I know these guys have skills, I was just kidding about the just balls comment, but I don't understand the big hype about Slopestyle, I find it point boring that's it, I am not criticizing the riders but the crowd that froth over this.

**Just saw Cam Zink first ''Super Final Run'' and I think he ended up blaming Fraser for being in the way, which I think the judges disagreed with, Fraser is too small to get in someone's way...**

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
No I know these guys have skills, I was just kidding about the just balls comment, but I don't understand the big hype about Slopestyle, I find it point boring that's it, I am not criticizing the riders but the crowd that froth over this.
The only way that statement is at all valid is if you're saying slopestyle is "dumb" because these guys have way more technology then BMX yet throw 1/3 the tricks...

Either way, who's to criticize people riding their bikes? If it gets mountain biking the press it deserves then its not totally a bad thing...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

**Just saw Cam Zink first ''Super Final Run'' and I think I just saw Fraser blew his run, Fraser is small but was in the way...**
Just got in now actually, and nope. I was there, but cam crashed on the road and i was behind a fence on the grass. He complained i was in the way, and the judges (who were across from me, told him no way). Maybe he looked at me instead of where he was going or something, but i certainly wasn't in his way.

Urinal Mint

Monkey
Oct 10, 2003
Washington
Most disappointing slopestyle comp yet imo. I watched that whole f'ing thing live, and it was clear most of the riders hated that course, especially the last drop. Ah well, Crankworx better pull it together next year after that poor showing...