Quantcast

Crankworx - Live.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Crankworx started officially today with the 4x competition. It was pissing raing during the races, and barely any riders participated. Cedric and Jill took home the novelty checks.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
As I was leaving Garfinkels around 1:30 AM on Friday night/Saturday morning, I saw Cedric entertaining about a half dozen chicks with some kind of karate/dance routine. :) He looked to be a bit 'over-served' and in no hurry to get to sleep anytime soon. I guess it's no surprise that he dominated the 4X the next day!

--JP

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
according to Big Brad, another few chapters have already been written into the history books of mountain biking.....that guy seriously needs some new catch phrases and lines........what a ****ty day out yesterday though, man, still cloudy this morning, I can see little patches of blue sky through the cloud though, fingers crossed that it clears cause if it's like yesterday, it's gonna be hell up on garb....well, it's gonna be ugly regardles.....

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Just got the old 99' slalom bike out of the shed, still waiting for new fork (this manitou with 4 runs at 03' sea otter will be for sale). But Leigh went out for 20 minutes of slalom training today to prepare for her slalom debut at WHISTLER... haha

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
As of about 30 minute ago, they were still not posted.

I was taking photos where Dirt Merchant hits Aline, and Hill had just passed Lopes. Lopes left the start gate 1 minute before Hill.

I am pretty sure his winning margain, will be at least a minute.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
hill was 14:25 think the next best time was 14:50ish.....course was an absolute mudfest, hill passed lopes near the bottom, have a good pick of both of them blasting the glc drop, but have to head out for dinner, etc......crazy day though, it was foggy up top, in and out of cloud, in deep was seriously muddy, I've never seen in like that......anyway, good times, hopefully it clears up for the rest of the week.....

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
anybody full results of the Garbo DH ?
They screwed up the timing so badly that there is no official results yet. Hill won, with needles in 3rd and i forget who in second. Sam left behind lopes, and actually caught and passed him. Photos coming shortly, too much sushi, sakaritas and beer.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
I hear you have to be careful with druggies and fellow mtbers stealing
ahahahahah, okay, whatever.....maybe some dirtbag quebecquois ski/snowboard bums, just don't be stupid with your bike.....although hell, I've left my xc bike unlocked outside of moe joe's when I was wasted and it was still there when I came back out.....although haven't played that roulette again since!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
i hope lopes crashed or something, otherwise that's kind of sad.
Hill is the current DH champ, a total freak slaying everyone at a new level of riding, whereas Lopes hasn't been a serious DH contender for years. What would be sad would be you or me trying to beat Lopes.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Hill is the current DH champ, a total freak slaying everyone at a new level of riding, whereas Lopes hasn't been a serious DH contender for years. What would be sad would be you or me trying to beat Lopes.
This is lopes first DH race of the year and one of 2 he will do all year-add that in with his 15 DH races or so he has done since retiring from DH racing in 98'. Lopes told me he had a hell of a time getting down at the top, was very hard. I give the old man props for even racing the damn race, he is a so cal-ian after all.
Hell, Cedric and Rennie did not even race because it was too 'gnar'.

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
This is lopes first DH race of the year and one of 2 he will do all year-add that in with his 15 DH races or so he has done since retiring from DH racing in 98'. Lopes told me he had a hell of a time getting down at the top, was very hard. I give the old man props for even racing the damn race, he is a so cal-ian after all.
Hell, Cedric and Rennie did not even race because it was too 'gnar'.
He raced Sea Otter DH too, but i guess no one really considers that at legit DH race.

muddyfox

Monkey
Feb 13, 2002
North Vancouver, B.C.
I hear you have to be careful with druggies and fellow mtbers stealing
Druggies, that's funny! Whistler isn't crawling with crackheads, on the other hand our fellow mtn. bikers...... who rips off some-one else's ride, seriously?? And the pics look like NV in the fall, winter, and spring, do we really have to suffer through summer with the same conditions??

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
They screwed up the timing so badly that there is no official results yet. Hill won, with needles in 3rd and i forget who in second. Sam left behind lopes, and actually caught and passed him. Photos coming shortly, too much sushi, sakaritas and beer.
I hoped they screwed up the timing.... I ran a pretty good run, got to the bottom, the crowd was "clapping" ...which got my hopes up... than when I looked at the clock it said 20 minutes! The guy after me ran a 16 something …so either I fell asleep on the trail and didn't notice the 3 guys who passed me, or something went wrong with the clock.

Which is a bummer because I have to write an article and now I'm not sure what do to...I don't want to have to say crankworx can't get the timing right, but I also don't want to tell world I got second to last with a decent race run.