Crankworx Slopestyle (photos)

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Here's a link to photos I took at the Crankworx Slopestyle event

Slopestyle

A few of the images

Congratulations to all the PNW riders that participated and did well and to those that got injured (the rash of injuries continue) - healing vibes to you all.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Thanks, it was fun to be up there - so many things happening. I wanted to get more photos of the other events, but all I could get were the Slopestyle...maybe next year.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
you got some great shots. :thumb:

i especially like this one even tho it's not of riding:

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Yep, gots me a new lens - it was either that or the flash and went for the lens instead. Bummed you weren't out there with me - wassup w/ that?

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Congrats to Kyle Salisbury (junior x) for taking 3rd in the Garbanzo race! Way to rip it. I'm not sure how any other PNW peeps did. How did Lars do? I didn't get to see the pro's finish.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I know Lars got 12th on Air DH - Pro Men
Clinton Fowler got 5th in MtnX - Amateur Class
Jack Montgomery got 11th in Air DH - Jr X, ran chainless part of the run
Scott Matual got 1st in MtnX - Master's Men
Mike Hammond got 4th in MtnX - Master's Men

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Five said:
Jack Montgomery got 11th in Air DH - Jr X, ran chainless part of the run
I saw he had some problems with his bike when he finished the Garbanzo race...did he have problems on both races.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Nice work Joelsman.

Jack had bike trouble on Garbanzo too? that sucks.

Unfortunately the PNW got a couple more rider injuries. Nate Marsh - concussion, Jay Allard - broken arm.

ggrubb

Monkey
Jul 3, 2002
Endub Empire
elRey said:
nice pictures!! anybody know where i could find some video?
I took lots of video. Lots.

Got footage of the Air DH, Slopesyle Practice/Qualifier, 4X Practice/Race, Slopestyle Finals, Jump Jam, and footage of the start gate for the Sport/EX and the finish line for the women/men pro for the Enduro DH, and some other stuff.

I'm dumping it now. I'll get something up soon.

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
i makin a vid for ghy.com and hopefully the pinkbike contest. i have 2 tapes of footage total from every event and more to sort through. also broke my finger riding there so i'm a tad bit slower

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
bibs said:
na, it was last mnute. and so i filled in...well maybe..hhmm..theres $$ in it! j/k

Nice work Bibs. Looks like you did well, considering the pressure. I think a flash would have worked well on the first though.

Did anybody get a picture or video of Berrecloth pulling the 360 off the road gap? I missed that one. Too busy getting the action off the Giro box.

SCVPP

Chimp
Sep 30, 2004
Bonney Lake, WA
Correction: Clinton finished 4th in 4x instead of 5th. Results were incorrectly posted. He also finished 6th in the Air DH. Unfortuantly Clinton broke some bones in his hand during the Garbonzo DH and didn't get the result he was looking for.

I (Nate Marsh) finished 8th in Air DH and 5th (out of 5) in 4x. The KO during Saturday's practice kept me out of the Garbonzo DH on Sunday.

ggrubb

Monkey
Jul 3, 2002
Endub Empire
SCVPP said:
Correction: Clinton finished 4th in 4x instead of 5th. Results were incorrectly posted. He also finished 6th in the Air DH. Unfortuantly Clinton broke some bones in his hand during the Garbonzo DH and didn't get the result he was looking for.
Bummer, I didnt know that Clinton got smashed up.