Quantcast

Crankworx, the other thread

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Here's some photos from the Garbanzo DH yesterday. I've been trying to upload photos for the last 4+ hours, but the laptop i'm using is having issues...

Dan Atherton

The Chopper.........I thought downhill domination came to life! :D

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Looks wet. How was the course? Has Whistler been getting a lot of rain?
It rained pretty hard on Saturday afternoon/evening and was damp and lightly raining yesterday when I was up top. It looks like it got a little less sloppy with all the riders coming through as I was covered in mud from my runs.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
You raced Masters too? I was number 615. I crashed two or three times on my run... on the easier bits too.
you were just after me then, 618! I had a fairly clean run, just a couple of dabs here and there....nearly stuffed myself on that drop into the trees on monkeyhands though, landed in a nice hole and let out a nice audible "OOOOOMMMFFHHHH!" for everyone there! I definitely played the "go a hair slower and don't crash" card, seems to have worked out okay!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Is masters before Pro? I only shot pro. I rode all day, then rushed up to my hotel room on blackcomb to get my camera stuff and ended up getting on the course at like 4:55. How'd you place?

What trail is the drop in my photos? That looks like a really fun section.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
Is masters before Pro? I only shot pro. I rode all day, then rushed up to my hotel room on blackcomb to get my camera stuff and ended up getting on the course at like 4:55. How'd you place?

What trail is the drop in my photos? That looks like a really fun section.
yeah, well before! I ended up 7th, 17:17....took me a minute to figure it out, but I think that was the drop at the end of duffman where it hooks up with golden triangle...

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Ah, nice! I rode Schleyer for the first time yesterday. I'm addicted to Schleyer to Lower Whistler DH. I'm going to go eat and head over to the lifts.

Oh, and thanks for the comments!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
It was really fun in the rain. I did the rock drop before the rock berm and just rode up the rock because I had no idea where the trail went at first

Thanks... haha, yeah. Good thing there isn't much sky in the pics.

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
you were just after me then, 618! I had a fairly clean run, just a couple of dabs here and there....nearly stuffed myself on that drop into the trees on monkeyhands though, landed in a nice hole and let out a nice audible "OOOOOMMMFFHHHH!" for everyone there! I definitely played the "go a hair slower and don't crash" card, seems to have worked out okay!
Were you the dude that got to the line with 30 seconds to spare or was that the guy after you? I can't remember I was so damned cold from waiting up there!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Nope. :rofl:

I hit a jump in Bellingham and my der. exploded when I landed and took out my new pro2/singletrack wheel........... Good thing I had my CK wheel with me. I took off the cassette, cable, shifter, chainring. My bike is just above 35lbs now.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
Were you the dude that got to the line with 30 seconds to spare or was that the guy after you? I can't remember I was so damned cold from waiting up there!
that was mat....I had no idea he had made it to the start and was suprised when I saw him come across the line after me! he pretty much landed that last jump at the line!

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Yeah, that last jump is short. Especially when you are carrying a load of speed into it. A lot of people were landing flat on that. Are they planning on using that ending for the A-line race?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
^ :rofl:

Yesterday, I shot the Womens Worx. They rode sections of trails: In Deep, Schleyor, Crabapple Hits, and Dirt Merchant. After In Deep, I attempted to ride to mid mountain, but I didn't know Duffman went the whole way down... I missed the second and third spots...
I edited these on a Laptop, so the color and contrast are probably not so good.

Duncan Riffle judged the Event

Awards

Amateurs

Pro's

and a photo from Slopestyle practice

Last edited:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Air DH!

Tyler gorz

Dale Samuel

Josh Bryceland

Jared Rando

Lopes

Results

men
1. Brian Lopes - 04:22.10
2. Greg Minnaaar - 04:23.42
3. Chris Kovarik - 04:27.60
4. Marc Beaumont - 04:28.77
5. Curtis Keene - 04:30.00

women
1. Rebecca McQueen - 04:51.05
2. Micayla Gatto - 04:51.82
3. Stephanie Nychka - 04:53.59
4. Fionn Griffiths - 04:55.70
5. Anneke Beerten - 04:57.54

full results

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That's what it looks like. You don't quite need a full on DH bike on that trail. The only thing rough is a section of small rocks and the brake bumps.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I didn't even bother shooting best trick. I have a limited pass and a crappy tele lens. I guess I'll just try using it anyway far back and not get the same shot as everyone. The light was awesome when he was shooting.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
anybody else thing yellowshirts superflip shoulda won? not as tough but amazing for a no-name? i mean kinda like a "tony hawk" beating a total newb that rode great IMO

*dont flame*

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
anybody else thing yellowshirts superflip shoulda won? not as tough but amazing for a no-name? i mean kinda like a "tony hawk" beating a total newb that rode great IMO

*dont flame*
I think that's one of the local kids sponsored by NSMB, Wyper is his surname I think. Won the NSMB Airprentice comp.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I loved the light I was shooting in, and I'm happy with my shots (especially the last two), but I still wish I had a better media pass... It does get annoying being where everyone else is, getting similar angles.