Quantcast

Crankworx

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Sweet hope I am not to rusty, too much without doing downhills.
Also hope bike can make it for 10 days, the frame proto is around 3.6kg with no shock and 15.5kg full build, hehe!

You know if Minnaar is around there?
I say we have a 'rusty' contest, have not ridden DH since last year here at whistler, but this trip I decided to bring the old trusty 2000 era Steve Peat DH-i, complete with blown fork seal and oil on front rotor....and Tioga tires (sweet in the original sin wet roots).
Did runs with Matti, Cedric and needles all afternoon and had them in stitches laughing so hard "how are you hanging with us on that clapped out piece of ****".
I wish Fraser had the helmet cam going yesterday when we were riding in the morning, he could have grabbed scenes of me wiping fork legs off with my handy dandy napkins after each run.
Been here for 2 weeks, the DHi is pretty much done...it was a sweet ride but wish I brought the SOCOM at this point.

GM arrives on monday.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
hey fraser! saw you up there but never got the chance to say hey!

i was on the blindside with red i9 and in a black/blue sicklines jersey.

should be up there wednesday-sunday with jason from sicklines as well. should be good!

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
hey Cesar
hope to see some pics of your handiwork ...
Greg is around for 2 weeks so is Mike Van Zyl ...
have fun
g

Hi Gary!
Yeah, just got an email yesterday from him, so that will be cool, hope can do few runs with him :D
I will show you some pics. Damn you are not there.
Take care and keep posting those amazing pics on your website I'm loving them so much!
Cesar.

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
I say we have a 'rusty' contest, have not ridden DH since last year here at whistler, but this trip I decided to bring the old trusty 2000 era Steve Peat DH-i, complete with blown fork seal and oil on front rotor....and Tioga tires (sweet in the original sin wet roots).
Did runs with Matti, Cedric and needles all afternoon and had them in stitches laughing so hard "how are you hanging with us on that clapped out piece of ****".
I wish Fraser had the helmet cam going yesterday when we were riding in the morning, he could have grabbed scenes of me wiping fork legs off with my handy dandy napkins after each run.
Been here for 2 weeks, the DHi is pretty much done...it was a sweet ride but wish I brought the SOCOM at this point.

GM arrives on monday.
A friend still has that GT, but not riding it any more. So you will be there next week or after 2 weeks you're leaving? I got an email from Greg and he will be there but as I see probably Matti will be there as well, so that sounds great.

I will be making some onboard videos for sure, so I will try to upload something of the videos doesn't look to slow motion, haha!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
eh? 2 weeks in Whistler on an outdated & blown bike when you've got a decked out Socom at home? Logic?
The DHi was mint when I got here, it is the only DH bike that has ever fit me (I am tall and lanky, it was built for peaty) but since I have been here, the fork seal blew and spit some oil on rotor. I am not a little gear whiner like the rest of you sallies, so I just 'run what you brung'.
As for why I brought the bike in the first place...It's peatys and he wants it here at his house, so I am leaving it here. Killed 2 birds with one stone.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
"robot brain" line following is an interesting phenomenon.
I only wish I was following you last year, in northstar before I blew my hip up.

So slalom practice starts today, first event on tap here in whistler, slalom race is tomm. The track looks like the ones we all made as kids in our backyard with perfectly groomed mini turns for our stomper trucks.....ooops, old guy reference there.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I only wish I was following you last year, in northstar before I blew my hip up.

So slalom practice starts today, first event on tap here in whistler, slalom race is tomm. The track looks like the ones we all made as kids in our backyard with perfectly groomed mini turns for our stomper trucks.....ooops, old guy reference there.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
sick pics stik! slalom practice looked pretty retarded on my way up top after work.....glad I got a run in where I did before the rain came......break out the cowbells folks, DS action today!!