Quantcast

Crankworx

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Bizutch wondered why Kovariks name was listed as residing in 'Whistler BC'...he thought it was newsworthy, someone mentioned he is engaged to Claire....that is why it was in the thread.

As for an 'advantage', I think CK got beat by 4 seconds or so?
actually the irony of Kovarik being listed as from Whistler is the fact that he's lost a shot at the World Cup every time he goes there. First he couldn't leave there and come to the US, then he couldn't go there...and now he's got medical benefits?:biggrin:

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Yikes, save for web went crazy on the darkness. Berm on Ninja Cougar, the coolest trail at Whistler.
Those brake bump-free fresh corners are a relief after pretty much every other trail there! Definitely a fun new trail. I think I was behind Smith to watch him blow one of those flat corners at the top a few minutes before that, followed by a guy with a huge photo backpack.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Looks like a fun trail to drag your brake through!

Just rail those berms with an 8 inch rotor and brake lever pulled back as far as you can!

in all seriousness, sick pictures, loving them

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Looks like a fun trail to drag your brake through!

Just rail those berms with an 8 inch rotor and brake lever pulled back as far as you can!

in all seriousness, sick pictures, loving them
Funny you should mention that - back in July, a couple weeks before Ninja Cougar opened, my friends and I rode a chair with this annoying bike patrol/instructor chick. She spent almost the entire chair ride complaining to one of my friends that N.C. was just going to get ripped to hell once they opened it by all the "skill-less idiots who drag their brakes through the turns". Anyway, she just would not shut up about it, so just before we got off the chair I turned to my other friend and said, "I can't wait for Ninja Cougar to open so I can skid the hell out of those sick berms." I thought the instructor chick's head was going to explode. :)

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Funny you should mention that - back in July, a couple weeks before Ninja Cougar opened, my friends and I rode a chair with this annoying bike patrol/instructor chick. She spent almost the entire chair ride complaining to one of my friends that N.C. was just going to get ripped to hell once they opened it by all the "skill-less idiots who drag their brakes through the turns". Anyway, she just would not shut up about it, so just before we got off the chair I turned to my other friend and said, "I can't wait for Ninja Cougar to open so I can skid the hell out of those sick berms." I thought the instructor chick's head was going to explode. :)
I have similar story...was on a chair up with Frasers sister/spiritual advisor- Micayla Gatto, she was complaining about "I can't believe people drag brakes through turns, I mean, what are they thinking...SO ANNOYING"
I then stopped mid run to take a few of these pics, she was one of the brake draggers and later that day I never saw anyone skid in a slalom turn before till she did some runs.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
yeah, and i bet she never drags her brakes anywhere:plthumbsdown:

not trying to slam women riders, but for some reason even some of the most skilled girls out there have trouble with 2 things: railing berms and jumping

Last edited:

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
that trail is so awesome, rode it a few times in a row tuesday night, it's really amazing how you can just dive right into those berms!

oh and warwick, sweet a-line vid....although a bit more slow mo than I usually like! ;)

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
in my opinion, the funniest thing about Greg Watts is that when you see him around [well i dont know if you guys see him around without his bike but..] he doesnt look very good. but then you watch him flip whip first run down at the Aptos Step up or pull off his massive bag of tricks at Post Office, you realize how good he actually is and how humble he is.
very stoked for Greg, hes such a down to earth dude

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
just got in from whistler this am...stuck in chicago forever sucked.

Fraser good to say hi man, ninja cougar was ruling the world. I dont know if anyone else feels the same but i cringed when i saw the spots where morons were skidding the berms. That trail just makes you want to appreciate the trail builders, get off the f*cking brakes, and carve in and out.

make sure you get some photos up of the slopesteez, the course looks good this year. In talking to a bunch of the riders they are psyched on it, less gnar more flow and trick potential.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yeah well it was a hope a hope you dont die course last year if you dont remember. Spangler and I were talking a few days ago and the consensus last year was :f*ckyouimnotcomingbackifyoudontdobetterthisyear:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
According to ridemonkey, hope you don't die courses are so kewl.
yeah, according to the same people who think the mt snow yardsale is the best thing ever. 'cause if you don't want to do it, and actually care about life altering injury, you aren't a real pro and should just get off the hill.:crazy:

Cranx

Chimp
Aug 6, 2008
I've just had a leisurely revisit to this thread... and took my time over every photo. Some are just OUTSTANDING! Huge thanks to those who have contributed.

It was a great little journey! :D

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
vibes out to james mcskimming, made me feel ill hearing the heli come into the madical centre.....very rad racing though....a shame brian went down in the final....