Quantcast

Crap.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I just got a phone call saying that I no longer have the summer job that i applied for last september. The idiot who was going to be my boss decided that he wanted some one who was 18. He felt bad and said he could get me a very rare and wanted job paying 6.50 an hour plus tips delivering pizza. Turns out to be 15 an hour!

The bad news...

I dont have my lisence because my parents are ass hats. So now i dont have a summer job. Great. Not a chance in hell i will get one where i will be... How do you deal crack?

What does landscaping usually pay? I dont think i have any other choice, i would be lucky if i could get a dishwashing job. Either was im not going to be able to afford a car.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Get on the bottom rung of a construction ladder and start climbing.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
mack said:
I just got a phone call saying that I no longer have the summer job that i applied for last september. The idiot who was going to be my boss decided that he wanted some one who was 18. He felt bad and said he could get me a very rare and wanted job paying 6.50 an hour plus tips delivering pizza. Turns out to be 15 an hour!

The bad news...

I dont have my lisence because my parents are ass hats. So now i dont have a summer job. Great. Not a chance in hell i will get one where i will be... How do you deal crack?

What does landscaping usually pay? I dont think i have any other choice, i would be lucky if i could get a dishwashing job. Either was im not going to be able to afford a car.

You don't have a license because your parents are asshats?

BBBWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
N8 said:
You don't have a license because your parents are asshats?

BBBWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

They refused to let me get my permit for 2 months because i left private school.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
mack said:

The bad news...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
blue said:
Stop being a giant penis.
It is Mack's fault.

Mack, suck it up. Go hit the pavement and apply everywhere. Then, if for some strange reason you fool someone into hiring you, work your ass off and save your money. Then buy your own damn car and get your license all by yourself.

Mkay?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Hmmm. maybe. But im kinda pissed this ass backed out on me. I could blame allot more people if need be. Its a skill that most teenagers aquire.

J

JRB

priceseliger14 said:
I told you what you can do. So pack your stuff and get your ass down here for some real living!
Please don't bring him to Texas. The collective stupidity of the state will crater with him added to it.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
mack said:
Hmmm. maybe. But im kinda pissed this ass backed out on me. I could blame allot more people if need be. Its a skill that most teenagers aquire.
The most important skill I attained as a teen was to get off the home tit and work for myself to get what I wanted. Try it, it rocks.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
The scary thing is that we were ALL like this at that age.

Hit the bricks Mack, put in applications everywhere. Try getting a job where there are lot's of girls. And if all else fails be dirt poor and live like a hippy for the summer. Or kiss your parents asses and fly right. In about 10 years your parents actions will all make sense.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
loco said:
Please don't bring him to Texas. The collective stupidity of the state will crater with him added to it.
haha didn't think about that. Well Sorry mack... loco made a good point. Go to like.... North Dacota, there is nothing there to be made more stupid, and you can get your drivers licence at 14 i think. :sneaky:

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
mack said:
They refused to let me get my permit for 2 months because I left private school.
Good reason...

Landscaping pays good... dirty work.
Construction... is good but most hire mexis to do that.
Golf Course Caddy... good tips, but alot of rich tude
Bagger at store...sucks ass
Pizza Joint... girls, beer, pizza what coud be better
Selling Drugs... you need money to make that money
Hired hit man... nobody ever sees the 16 year old coming.
Pro DH Rider... trust me on this one... NO MONEY!!!
Feel like going back to school yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I might look into being a caddy, but i know nothing about golf. I called like 20 bike stores, and only one needs a mechanic... And some one is ahead of me and they need my now... pays 9 an hour. Hope i get it. I enjoy reading the BTI catalog at lunch. :cool:

Sep 29, 2004
H8R said:
The most important skill I attained as a teen was to get off the home tit and work for myself to get what I wanted. Try it, it rocks.
i think thats the point of him wanting a job, but iono

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
my mom won't even let me get a job. some **** about not being able to handle school and a job at the same time. and she's probably right. if she let me get a job, though, then i could help her out with car insurance and she could stop bitching at me about it.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
flatulant_man said:
my mom won't even let me get a job. some **** about not being able to handle school and a job at the same time. and she's probably right. if she let me get a job, though, then i could help her out with car insurance and she could stop bitching at me about it.

Not even during the summer? My last summer job was in a bike shop, kinda miss it, and i kinda dont. Didnt make so much money... 7 an hour

"Hi, my front brake is making noise, fix it now." :angry:

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
i can have a job in the summer, but she takes me to europe or mexico or somewhere foreign every year, and i would frankly rather just ride and work. plus i go to camp, which i like, but it takes up another three weeks. so when i'm gone half the summer in two or three week incriments, nobody will hire me. nobody.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
flatulant_man said:
i can have a job in the summer, but she takes me to europe or mexico or somewhere foreign every year, and i would frankly rather just ride and work. plus i go to camp, which i like, but it takes up another three weeks. so when i'm gone half the summer in two or three week incriments, nobody will hire me. nobody.
Seriously: You are so going to look back on all that travel and realize how freaking lucky you are. You parental unit is actually exposing you to the world and letting you see different places and cultures. World travel is an experience that not everyone gets to do and even fewer get to do while they are young. Enjoy not working now while you can. Once you start you won't stop for the next 25 - 30 years.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Ciaran said:
Seriously: You are so going to look back on all that travel and realize how freaking lucky you are. You parental unit is actually exposing you to the world and letting you see different places and cultures. World travel is an experience that not everyone gets to do and even fewer get to do while they are young. Enjoy not working now while you can. Once you start you won't stop for the next 25 - 30 years.
:stupid: I'm 16 and i've lived in Australia for 6 months of my life, been to France and Switzerland to ski, been to Bali Indonesia, and tons of other places around the world. Also, my mom is driving me and my friends to every National this year.

Embrace what you have, i know i am.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Wow. Sherpa is one lucky Mo-Fo.

I need a car because my parents are not willing to drive me to races or really anywhere. Mountain biking to them really isnt a sport.

J

JRB

priceseliger14 said:
haha didn't think about that. Well Sorry mack... loco made a good point. Go to like.... North Dacota, there is nothing there to be made more stupid, and you can get your drivers licence at 14 i think. :sneaky:
North Dacota - hahahaha

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
don't get me wrong, i definately appreciate the travel. seeing the world is amazing. it's just, instead of racing twice this summer, i'll be spending my fifth consecutive summer at the same resort in mexico. i don't see any of mexico there, i just see the same beach. it's getting old, and i'd rather race than go back.
just to clarify, i love traveling. i've been to most of western europe, mexico, canada, etc... and loved it all. i just don't consider the same beach resort seeing the world, and don't get anything out of it.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
mack said:
Wow. Sherpa is one lucky Mo-Fo.

I need a car because my parents are not willing to drive me to races or really anywhere. Mountain biking to them really isnt a sport.
Best thing i've ever done is get my mom a good mountain bike. She adventure races and climbs and understands the needs of having top notch equipment and how much fun a sport such as mountain biking is.