Quantcast

Crappy customer service

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I spent $500 with a mail order bike shop (that has retail locations in California) and when my part arrived damaged, I gave them a call to see if they would help me out with a new rebound knob that had broken. I got a lot of attitude, including "Well we didn't drop it, they're in a sealed box", and "do you THINK it's cracked, or is it cracked?". Fortunately, marzocchi was kind enough to answer their phones and offer to send me a new one, but I'm a little pissed that these guys didn't at least say "sorry to hear that". I won't be doing business with them again, but I'm wondering if it's worth a post on their facebook wall to see what they have to say, or if that's a crappy thing to do.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You gonna name this mystery shipper so that the rest of us can be forewarned?
yeah sure. I didn't immediately want to throw them under the bus, but I've had experiences where people are much happier to take care of a paying customer, not accuse them of malicious intent. Twas wheelworld.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I didn't mean it in a bad business sense.....just that their site/catalog always seemed like a collection of overstock/previous year model parts that they have to hunt down, dust off and send out.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I've ordered a few small things from that site before. Hadn't had any problems with them as of yet but never actually had to call them for anything.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
One thing I picked up from my wife is I now raise holy hell about customer service issues. I really rub it in, calling district managers and sh!t. And I never ever take the free stuff they offer. That really gets em.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Here's the crack. It's disappointing to know that it's plastic, but I suppose as long as it works I'm happy. And it still works. It probably got bumped in shipping, whether from there to here, or from Marz to there, or who knows. I've contacted marz warranty and they're going to ship me out a new knob, and said not to bother replacing it if it still works, as they do like to break, but at least I'll have a backup one that isn't already cracked. It just kind of pisses me off that the guy kind of jumped at me, without at least saying he was sorry that I received a damaged product, even if it was likely of no fault of their own. USUALLY, people are pretty happy to make their customers satisfied.

This is just funny. Marzocchi's "dual adjustable" compression damper, now with low-speed compression and anti-compression/reverse compression adjuster....lol

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I don't think they're beyond bad. I thought that was bike bling. The website is nearly identical. I never shop at Wheelwhorld, but the price on this was great. I'm just butthurt that my happiness was not a priority. I'll send them an email and chalk it up under "do not buy from again".

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I once ordered a Fox40, some shoes, a few parts, and spent around $1500-2,000 at one of these online bike shops.

Then, when I had saved up the money to buy a new bike I inquired about a bike that this same shop had listed on their website (for 4k or so). No response.

That same bike has been all over their facebook page as a "great deal" 8 months later.

I didn't receive bad customer service, I just recieved no service.