Quantcast

Crash In The Last Km!!!!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
It looked massive. Simoni looks like he'll probably quit, he rode up to the line with his team kind of pushing him, and he wasn't wearing his helmet.

UHG

But hey, good for Boonen!!!!!!!!!!!!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Another crash? I only catch replay on OLN at night. I saw teh crash yesterday in the peleton near the end of the ride.

Was there another big one today? Armstrong was in it?

That little French dude (red and white gear) yesterday impressed me....charging at the end.....his little legs were pumping. :) he came in 2nd in that stage I beleive.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
RhinofromWA said:
Another crash? I only catch replay on OLN at night. I saw teh crash yesterday in the peleton near the end of the ride.

Was there another big one today? Armstrong was in it?

That little French dude (red and white gear) yesterday impressed me....charging at the end.....his little legs were pumping. :) he came in 2nd in that stage I beleive.
They crashed at the 1km to go banner. There were a ton of people involved. They will all get the time of the first place guy though, thank god for that rule.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Heidi said:
They crashed at the 1km to go banner. There were a ton of people involved. They will all get the time of the first place guy though, thank god for that rule.
Holy sh!t.

imagine the skinned knees being nursed tonight.....:eek: 1Km left? Is that like 2/3 a mile right? That is to damn close to crash. I will more than likely watch it tonight.

Thanks,

Rhino

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
OOPS sorrry for the spoiler.

Armstrong actually crash in the FIRST km but was ok.
I wish i had cable the end was frantic. even though it was a flat stage the last 30/40 kms were exciting.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
The Toninator said:
OOPS sorrry for the spoiler.

Armstrong actually crash in the FIRST km but was ok.
I wish i had cable the end was frantic. even though it was a flat stage the last 30/40 kms were exciting.
NO spoilers...not to worry.

I don't follow it to closely....normally the last 30minutes or so on OLN. I jsut happen to check and find it....I will have to watch the mayhem tonight at the 1Km mark though. :D

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
They were right under the banner when they crashed. Tyler and Jan were lucky that it wasnt 50M back because they finished about a minute or two behind Lance but were given the same time. It was pretty big but you couldn't see that much from what I saw.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
man i saw it yesterday at lunch. it was crazy kind of like last years first stage where tyler broke his collar bone. asses on the ground and bikes flying through the air. very scary.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
They have footage of the crash from somebody's house right at the banner.

Looks like it could have been caused by Flecha sitting up. You can't slow down in the last Kilometer and just coast. :nope: