Quantcast

Crash Replacement Prices

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
Ok, so I took my fork to a couple of shops because both of the stantions snapped, and since its an 02 they said I can get a crash replacement from marzocchi. Does anyone know how much off the retail that the price is, or does haver experience with a crash replacement policy?

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
The shops that you were at should have had a crash replacement price list. There are a few forks on the list and they are close to cost prices.

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
squarewheels said:
yeah, stanchions can snap like that when you case with your front wheel.
thing is, I didnt............everyone there said I landed clean, then they snapped....... :nuts:

stratguy1618 said:
thing is, I didnt............everyone there said I landed clean, then they snapped....... :nuts:

not necessarily that specific jump that caused them to snap. most likely you had plenty of other cases that were nose heavy, or splitting the wheels on the jump and the cracks were already there. that one was just what took it over the edge. not trying to be a jerk, just telling you what any bike company would tell you. but glad to hear you are ok. hopefully marz sshould hook you up with good crash replacement. i do want to give you a lot of credit though. you are nto asking for a warranty (at least now, dont know about when you were in the shops)

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
Zman said:
not necessarily that specific jump that caused them to snap. most likely you had plenty of other cases that were nose heavy, or splitting the wheels on the jump and the cracks were already there. that one was just what took it over the edge. not trying to be a jerk, just telling you what any bike company would tell you. but glad to hear you are ok. hopefully marz sshould hook you up with good crash replacement. i do want to give you a lot of credit though. you are nto asking for a warranty (at least now, dont know about when you were in the shops)
It was my first ride on it, because I was borrowing it from a freind who said he had it laying around for a while, and before I put it on, I checked for cracks and I didnt see any