Quantcast

** Crash **

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ok, not bike-related, but i was able (or lucky) to get the timing right for this scooter crash a couple of weeks ago...my son was riding on the sidewalk in front of my mom's house, and some nearby tree had roots which pushed up some of the tar...he liked to roll over these, until one time his front wheel got caught and he went crashing to the hard surface. note the pre-existing knee bandage.

a few milliseconds before impact:

the aftermath:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Nice timing on the first one. Looks like he wasn't hurt too much :)

Question - did you do any editing to these? The first one especially seems super-saturated and contrast-y. Just wondering if it was a trick of the light, default in-camera settings, or if you had bumped up the contrast or saturation yourself.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
binary visions said:
Nice timing on the first one. Looks like he wasn't hurt too much :)

Question - did you do any editing to these? The first one especially seems super-saturated and contrast-y. Just wondering if it was a trick of the light, default in-camera settings, or if you had bumped up the contrast or saturation yourself.
that's my primitive pp work there (but the grass is pretty green @ my mom's).

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
narlus said:
that's my primitive pp work there (but the grass is pretty green @ my mom's).
Gotcha - it's not bad at all (and this monitor at work sucks anyway so it's probably better than I see it), just noticed the reds were glowing and wondered.

I had a photo about a month ago of a flower and for some reason the light was just right so that fresh out of the camera, it looked uber-saturated. Not just red, but glowing, blowing-out-the-red-channel red, even though the exposure looked fine. Hadn't had it happen quite that way before so I thought I'd ask :)