Quantcast

Crashby goes to Europe

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
So after delays from Rochester to DC (huge storm in IAD airport)... long ride into Heathrow (Boeing 777 (freakin’ huge)) with a screaming kid behind me... 2 hour bus ride into Bristol, UK... I’m finally here (no sleep since Saturday).

I’m a little delirious, but took a quick walk around to see what’s what... and didn’t I see an Orange and a Kona! Lots of boarders and BMX'ers around the town too. Everyone here looks like a 'beatnik from the village'. :p

I’m here for a couple days, then off to Edinburgh Scotland. Ill post pics as I go... Should have some good ones... the people and the scenery are interesting to say the least

Here are a couple pics of my 'flat'.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by Echo
Shouldn't you be working? :devil:
are you in a bad mood? hell no, he should be riding, drinking and trying to find a hot UK chick (with decent or no teeth) to hook up with :D

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Originally posted by LordOpie
are you in a bad mood? hell no, he should be riding, drinking and trying to find a hot UK chick (with decent or no teeth) to hook up with :D
heheh... Ive got qute the cutie at home waiting for me, but its fun to 'people watch'. I'll get some pics of both sides of the fence for all those interested...

... I guess the 'britney spears look' is "in" in the UK :p

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by Tweek
Where's the dryer?
I think that's one of them new fangled combo machines.

Originally posted by slcpunk21
Seems most are... ;)
yeah, starting with you Beavis... ripping IAB in his legal thread :rolleyes: Go get some coffee, take a dump, read the paper, then post again :p

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
ok... screw it... Im going to take a walk and get more pics (prolly one of the only nice sunny days here this week)... sleep is for the dead...

... Ill be back in an hour or so with more pics...

If you don’t here back from me today, call the constable... :p

stuntmatty

Thnikkaman
Oct 2, 2003
Bike Hater Central
Originally posted by Crashby
heheh... Ive got qute the cutie at home waiting for me, but its fun to 'people watch'. I'll get some pics of both sides of the fence for all those interested...

... I guess the 'britney spears look' is "in" in the UK :p

Sup mang! I think you're going to need to post quite a few pics of these ladies sporting this "britney spears look" so that we may live vicariously through you. :D

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Originally posted by slcpunk21
I think we need verification of this... ;)

So hows the weather over there? much different than the east coast here in the states?
super nice today... 60 and bright sun... but supposed to be low 50's and rain for the rest of the week...:angry:

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
so... back from my photo shoot... realize two things....

1. By in large... people in the US have little sense of style (now please dont get your knickers in a bunch... I know each of you has a cute little outfit or two...:p

2. I need a better camera (using a HP PhotoSmart 315 (blows))

I took a bunch of pics... Ill post a few now... than I must sleep before I dine...

...did I mention today was a bank holiday in the UK (I swear these people only work about 100 days a year :rolleyes:

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
hehehe, enjoy yourself while your over here. if you have the time you should get yourself down to a good classy bar, and enjoy some of the nightlife, but from the sound of it your on a business trip so that might not be possible.

even though i live here in the uk i am actually finding this rather interesting, its always cool to here a fresh veiwpoint, anyway enjoy the rest of your visit.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Ok... last one before nap-time... I saw these huge painted chain links beside the river... I saw some red graffiti underneath... I lifted up the chain and discovered this statement

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Originally posted by steve45
hehehe, enjoy yourself while your over here. if you have the time you should get yourself down to a good classy bar, and enjoy some of the nightlife, but from the sound of it your on a business trip so that might not be possible.

even though i live here in the uk i am actually finding this rather interesting, its always cool to here a fresh veiwpoint, anyway enjoy the rest of your visit.
wanna ride this Saturday in Edinburgh?

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
hmmm, i dunno if i'll be able to get through to edinburgh, transport and money is hard for me to come by just now, but you should definitly hook up with the edinburgh locals, i know 360 on this forum stays there, i'll get back to you on this thread in the next day or 2.

Gee Spot

Chimp
Sep 13, 2002
rochester, ny
Hey Dave,

Glad to see you made it safely.....

Looks like an awesome day....

Have fun brother and be safe.

Oh, and keep the pics coming.....

:D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
YEAH! Glad to hear that you got there ok and are enjoying yourself. Looks like a fun place to hang out and definately get some good beer while you're there (Earl would love the caps for his collection I am sure!) Keep those pics a coming! :D

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Thought I’d be 'trendy' and try some smoked haddock and Salmon fish cakes by the Floating Harbour - - needless to say, I had a lot of bread with olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette.

couple more pics before bed-time...

this place reeks of erbon...:devil: