Quantcast

Crater Lake Pictures

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
So I stopped at Crater Lake on the way back from a baseball tourney in Redmond, OR.

A few pictures that I liked:

pvfjr

Chimp
Apr 28, 2006
Tacoma, WA
Ah yes, Crater was always one of my favorites. Nothing like the old pics of her to make me miss my home state.

Of course this stormy night in the tent doesn't make me miss much at all. You can see from this tree branch, things get nasty up there.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Really nice. I haven't been there yet, but am planning to go soon since it's so close. You can road ride around it at least.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Nice pics...I was out there maybe 8 years ago and took some cool pics myself (of course 35mm, not digital). I remember looking at one and saying "Why did I take a picture of clouds?" and then realized that it was the cloud reflection off the lake surface I had was looking at. The lake was that still.

Damn that was a fun place.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
But did you pee in it? :D

Very nice pics indeed! I have been up to the rim once and it is very nice up there when the weather doesn't suck. There are also lots of private land around there for cheap that I would love to retire in.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
narlus said:
in the 1st pic, is that an island w/ some sort of submerged reef, as you look upwards?
Nah, everything in the foreground is part of the rim, and I think the yellow stuff is just some type of algae.

Here's a picture of the Island:

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Crater Lake is really cool. There would not be a reef next to Wizard Island: the lake is deep, cold and freshwater.

I got to fly over it in a KC 135 and took some pics from the boom window.