Quantcast

Craziest Natural Line!

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
The Redbull Rampage thread got me thinking it would be fun to see some pictures of what people consider the craziest natural line that they've seen. If you've ridden it yourself, even better! Jump, drop, stay on the ground, all that matters is that it's a somewhat natural line..
Here's the one that got me thinking about this in the other thread, but what I consider one of the craziest chutes I've ever seen ridden:
(Robbie Bourdon)

Last edited:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
The guy hiding behind that wooden thing made me laugh.

Is there a video of this? To me it just looks like a drop.
I'm pretty sure you're right that he dropped this, but "just" a drop?!?!
Where he's at, his bike is darn near vertical!!
Maybe I'm just easily impressed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I had a calendar once with someone doing a hole shot... natural opening in the terrain and the rider was going through to a drop looked like it was jackson hole, but was actually somewhere in France according to the caption (I think)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
^^^ I think your talking about Dave Watson riding in Hanksville,utah a couple years back?
Lemme see if i can dig it up.Its sick
possibly? i remember the bike had bright yellow rimz (deemax i'm guessing). guess i was wrong on the location, but yea, it was SICK!!!

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Fuuu... Can someone confirm it's legit, because I just soiled myself at work looking at this and I'm going to be gutted if it was over a photoshop.
Yeah it's the real deal, camera angle is clever though - because it's head-on, you can't see how steep it actually is. Looks like he's riding down a cliff but it's obviously not actually vertical. The photo is popping up in SRAM promo material all over the place already.

george

Chimp
Sep 14, 2001
Boston MA
Fuuu... Can someone confirm it's legit, because I just soiled myself at work looking at this and I'm going to be gutted if it was over a photoshop.
Recent Bike Mag photo - had a pretty funny write-up from the rider, along the lines of: 'rolled in slow & tire started skidding, let go of brakes, shot out like a cannon - scared sh!tless'...

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
don't know if I can dig up a picture of it, but that cliff that barel rode down in NWD9 was pretty much the gnarist thing I've ever seen.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
don't know if I can dig up a picture of it, but that cliff that barel rode down in NWD9 was pretty much the gnarist thing I've ever seen.
Just watched. Pretty epic! The whole Barel chapter is mint actually, not sure I've bothered to watch the film before.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Word is there are some photos of Brett Tippie doing silly things on a crazy rock face on their way to public consumption. Not sure if they're going to be quite as nuts as that last one...