Quantcast

**** crazy cop vs skateboarder, vid ****

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
my kids are beaten by a police officer on a regular basis ;)

i'm sorry, that cop is a chode. there is a time and place for verbally raping some punk kid playing dumb and disrespectful but this douche felt it necessary to peel the kid away from his skateboard. i mean c'mon, the dude is probably 260lbs opposed to the waif 100lb kid and he still felt it necessary to toss him around like that?
does a law officer deserve respect because of the badge alone? i believe so but that initial respect for the badge alone has to be quickly backed up by actions.
i pride myself on being as witty or wittier than todays generation and i try to diffuse situations like the one in the video by making the kids realize that they're wrong through humor. for skaters, a comment about girl jeans not being allowed in city limits is usually enough to get them to move on ;)
word. You are a good cop...

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
thanks for the video it's a good laugh, and it's a nice example for some prejudices torwards the US, you can buy a gun in some states as a 14 y.o., drive a car at 16, but skating's prohibited... and legal age for alcohol is 21...

the land of the free has become the land of senseless rules, but nevermind we are walking in the same direction. we all trade in our freedom for the false promise of security.

ok rant over ^^

GotMyGED

Monkey
Mar 29, 2006
Knoxville
I think he was just pissed that he had to drive that Choad-Mobile around all day. And wear that Day glow yellow suit.

Seriously, it would have been way more acceptable if the cop was just like "hey, no skating here" and if the kids acted like goons or ignored him, then he could take some action, however, no physical abuse was necessary.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
No sympathy at all. Law broken?-check. Orders not immediately followed? check. Punk kids that think they can get away with the **** they give their parents?-check.
There is this thing called being an adult. It affords most people a nice set of sufficient life skills which enable one to deal with a situation like this in ways other than man handling children and throwing ****ing hissy fits. He had cuffs. If he felt the child was a threat he could have detained him. He had absolutely no reason to lay his hands on that boy.

That being said, how do you teach a child to deal with a situation like this? I feel bad for the kids and their now skewed view of law enforcement in general.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
"A dude is someone who works on a ranch."

This guys it too much. I couldn't stop laughing the whole time!!!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It's kind of interesting to me because I used to live in baltimore. This was like 85-89 and I used to skate all over that city. There were no skateboard signs even back then around the inner harbor. There's a spot close by that had less people and better granite steps to skate on anyway. But I've been told many many times by cops to carry my skateboard accross that plaza in the video. Some of them were dicks but never anything like that. Dude cop dude only looks a little older than me but I wonder if I ever crossed paths with lard bag of roid rage.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
dude, i couldn't even finish a half cup from the keg at fontana. me and alcohol just don't get along...i never really acquired the taste for it.

but yes, i can hold an appletini glass just fine and even stick my pinky out while sipping gleefully :D
i may be a "donk", but i'm a refined "donk" ;)