Quantcast

**** crazy cop vs skateboarder, vid ****

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
"You keep doing these things and you're going to get yourself killed!"

Killed by skateboarding where you aren't supposed to or calling someone dude? :rofl:

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Sometimes those cops have a right to get mad at kids for back talking and being a smartass. But man, that kid hardly did anything. He shouldnt be suspended he should be fired. At least there was some sort of punishment though.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
I don't personaly see a problem with him takin the skateboard or calling the kids mom, but he didnt have to push him around like that.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
I disagree with the general malaise towards cops, though I do understand where it comes from. In the vast majority of my encounters I have been treated fairly. IMO, it's they're just like any other employee in the fact that you get the good with the bad. It's just the way things are. Given, the level of accountability should rise with the amount of power a position entails but it seems that the few bad apples easily mar the general opinion. This is a good example of a ****ty apple, but I still hate to see so many people with disregard for the profession (and I'm not talking about the kid in the video).

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I disagree with the general malaise towards cops, though I do understand where it comes from. In the vast majority of my encounters I have been treated fairly. IMO, it's they're just like any other employee in the fact that you get the good with the bad. It's just the way things are. Given, the level of accountability should rise with the amount of power a position entails but it seems that the few bad apples easily mar the general opinion. This is a good example of a ****ty apple, but I still hate to see so many people with disregard for the profession (and I'm not talking about the kid in the video).
The profession frequently attracts people who abuse power as seen on the video - the screening process for the job is flawed.

My uncle worked undercover for 30 years in the South - he drives home the point again and again in many of the stories of this career that you can't trust cops. This isn't media stories of abuse or rookie LEOs complaining about an undeserved rep - this is straight from the horse's mouth of a well seasoned retired police veteran. His wife still works for law enforcement BTW.

FriedRys

Monkey
May 21, 2007
On the losing end of a wishbone
Ohh darn, another video of skaters beieng opressed by the man, whatever shall we do.

No sympathy at all. Law broken?-check. Orders not immediately followed? check. Punk kids that think they can get away with the **** they give their parents?-check.

Hundreds of videos just like this, viewed by millions of skaters worldwide, and every one sings the same refrain, "we were just skating!". And, skating is fine, unless said skating equates to vandalism and loitering.

Find me one video of skaters getting hassled for skating in an empty parking-lot instead of grinding on someone else's expensive rails and masonry work.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Ohh darn, another video of skaters beieng opressed by the man, whatever shall we do.

No sympathy at all. Law broken?-check. Orders not immediately followed? check. Punk kids that think they can get away with the **** they give their parents?-check.

Hundreds of videos just like this, viewed by millions of skaters worldwide, and every one sings the same refrain, "we were just skating!". And, skating is fine, unless said skating equates to vandalism and loitering.

Find me one video of skaters getting hassled for skating in an empty parking-lot instead of grinding on someone else's expensive rails and masonry work.
Ever been pulled over for a traffic stop? Want to be treated like that?

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
to serve and protect...
although the kid didn't respond the right way the cop should not have to resort to violence like that.

FriedRys

Monkey
May 21, 2007
I guess my idea of police violence is shaded by growing up in the 80's. You know, the days prior to everyone having a video-camera and a vagina. When being restrained meant being smashed in the skull with a friggin club.

Why is it that all these skaters/gangbanger/wigger/punk/countr-culture/insert rebellious sub-genre here, feel they can act like a bunch of Billy-Badasses in regards to the general public, but are a bunch of delicate little flowers when it comes to police intervenion?

FriedRys

Monkey
May 21, 2007
would you want your child to be beaten by an police officer?
If they felt they had the right to break the law and then do as they see fit when directed otherwise by a police officer, yes, I'd request the oppotunity to beat them myself.

One of the things that comes up a lot in these threads is the "protect and serve" line. It seems that it always interpretted in the personal sense instead of in general. The police are protecting the people who's property is being vandalised by the skaters. They are serving the people of the community by enforcing the laws that the representatives, elected by the community has passed.

Where is the disconnect?

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
If they felt they had the right to break the law and then do as they see fit when directed otherwise by a police officer, yes, I'd request the oppotunity to beat them myself.
So you wouldn't want the officer to beat your child as you'd rather do that instead? I'm just saying that officers shouldn't beat kids, period. Obviously there is a lack of respect but to whoop on some kid b/c he is saying "dude"... Put the kid in handcuffs as that would do more good than using fist.

The phrase protect and serve...
Why shouldn't it be used for the individual? Does a person lose their rights the second a cop feels the need? In no way was the general population in danger by the skateboarder.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I guess my idea of police violence is shaded by growing up in the 80's.
I think you're the first person posting in this thread to whom that applies. Welcome! So what were the 80s REALLY like?

Keep typing. It's funny! Especially the part about how asking a cop what he did wrong counts as "wigger"/punk rock rebellion etc. Oh the subversion!! The nerve!!

Did that sort of thing happen all the time in the 80s? I only know what's in the history books. What did they call black wiggers in your time?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Hush you.

I'm trying to have a conversation with someone who's about to claim they..........

1. tell it like it is™

2. ain't afraid to say what we're all thinking™

3. has the courage to lay it out because he doesn't care what anyone thinks ™

4. just calls it like he sees it™

5. grew up in _____ so has more real life experience than some internet fag typing on a computer™

Let's see which ones he picks.

FriedRys

Monkey
May 21, 2007
I think you're the first person posting in this thread to whom that applies. Welcome! So what were the 80s REALLY like?

Keep typing. It's funny! Especially the part about how asking a cop what he did wrong counts as "wigger"/punk rock rebellion etc. Oh the subversion!! The nerve!!

Did that sort of thing happen all the time in the 80s? I only know what's in the history books. What did they call black wiggers in your time?
The 80's reference is put forth as nothing more than a reference point for social norms.

1- I never said anything about "how asking a cop what he did wrong counts as "wigger"/punk rock rebellion etc. " I asked why those who identify with said groups feel that they are exempt from abiding by the same rules as everyone else.

2-Real friggin simple. Did they violate the municipal and/or the criminal code as defined by the city they were cited in? YES. That makes them criminals by every definition of the word.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
The 80's reference is put forth as nothing more than a reference point for social norms.

1- I never said anything about "how asking a cop what he did wrong counts as "wigger"/punk rock rebellion etc. " I asked why those who identify with said groups feel that they are exempt from abiding by the same rules as everyone else.

2-Real friggin simple. Did they violate the municipal and/or the criminal code as defined by the city they were cited in? YES. That makes them criminals by every definition of the word.
Yeah - they broke the law. That gives the guy no right to lay hands on a child. If you don't have your insurance card, you get a ticket. They do not, or should not, handle you because of it. The guy was a complete f*#king dickhead. It's unfortunate that so many officers fall in duty fighting hardened criminals, yet some vag drip like this is allowed to stomp about with his little meter car flipping kids sh*t.

You can argue all you want, you won't be right. The kid shouldn't have skated, but I'll be Goddamned if he should just drop to his knees on the sidewalk because Grimace asked him to.

Sure cops protect and serve, but a badge doesn't remove them from accountability.

And before you say it, I have plenty of respect for police, and have several great friends that are cops. None of them would do that. I'd love to hang out with your friends sometimes, since this is all ok to you.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
i think he´s overreacting but it´s funny to watch

A local's perspective.

This has been all over our local news here in the Bawl-da-mer area. This is not an isolated incident with this particular cop. Apparently this guy is a real bad apple. There is another video I saw on the TV last night with the same cop in roughly the same spot kicking and then stomping on a little kid's remote control car and then getting up in the kids face about "respect". The guy is a real asshole. He's currently suspended and both the mayor and chief of police have apologized for his behavior.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
would you want your child to be beaten by an police officer?
my kids are beaten by a police officer on a regular basis ;)

i'm sorry, that cop is a chode. there is a time and place for verbally raping some punk kid playing dumb and disrespectful but this douche felt it necessary to peel the kid away from his skateboard. i mean c'mon, the dude is probably 260lbs opposed to the waif 100lb kid and he still felt it necessary to toss him around like that?
does a law officer deserve respect because of the badge alone? i believe so but that initial respect for the badge alone has to be quickly backed up by actions.
i pride myself on being as witty or wittier than todays generation and i try to diffuse situations like the one in the video by making the kids realize that they're wrong through humor. for skaters, a comment about girl jeans not being allowed in city limits is usually enough to get them to move on ;)

edit: we're talking about skaters here, not dealers, not wife beaters or thieves....but kids riding skateboards. this cop took the law personally instead of the job that it is.

oh yeah, and FYI...a "suspension" is common procedure before someone is fired. the department must conduct a full investigation and give the officer a hearing before they fire him. the suspension is just giving him a chance to get his affairs in order.