Quantcast

crazy day at the beach

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
After a couple of hours of surfing I walked out and I was just about to jetty jump when a lady trying to fill up a bucket with water got pounded by a big wave (surf was big for the area 4feet with occasional overheads.) The wave picked her up and started sweeping her out. I saw it coming and yelled at her to look up but she didn’t. I had already jumped off the walking path down onto the rocks and started going for her and was able to grab her pretty quick. The wave went out and she landed on her hands and knees on the rocks. Another big wave hit but I had her by the arm and with the two of us together we got pushed around but didn’t get picked up and carried out but we were that close to the edge. Once that wave went out I was able to get her up to her feet and moving up the rocks although we were both slipping because the rocks are slick below the water line. Her daughter had seen the whole thing and had been screaming and finally alerted her husband. He was able to grab her other arm and pull her back up to the foot path. It was pretty intense.

Aug 23, 2011
When you are getting (about) to get pounded on rocks the first thing I would do was swim out, then again I am not holding someone.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Gnarly gnarly. some people just dont respect the ocean. you did the right thing today and kept that family from having a tragedy. good on you!
We both got lucky. With all the guys doing what I was doing I’m not sure they had a complete respect for what we were going or the position she/we were in, I’d like to think otherwise.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
When you are getting (about) to get pounded on rocks the first thing I would do was swim out, then again I am not holding someone.
True and I wanted too but when we landed and with the set as it was hitting for the 2 of us back up was the best choice. Had another big set came in and lifted us up I would have went out for sure.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
We both got lucky. With all the guys doing what I was doing I’m not sure they had a complete respect for what we were going or the position she/we were in, I’d like to think otherwise.
it would always amaze me every summer the amount of people, even locals, who just dont pay attention and get bashed against cliffs or held under. its a damn shame but if you live in a coastal area one would think that you would learn the basics.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
it would always amaze me every summer the amount of people, even locals, who just dont pay attention and get bashed against cliffs or held under. its a damn shame but if you live in a coastal area one would think that you would learn the basics.
That’s where this chic totally lucked out. I had walked out on the jetty and was timing the set to drop in and I was RIGHT there, nobody else was even close her husband was looking 180 the other way. I hadn’t put my leash on yet and was able to just jump on it. Here, now, I would have preferred to have some type of floatation on me but **** just happens and you have to go with it.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Did he let you borrow his wife as a reward for saving her? Its the least he could do.