Quantcast

Crazy handle bars

creddy

Chimp
Sep 2, 2009
Fresno, CA
If you want the same width, get some FSA Gravity Light 800mm, and cut them to the same width. They won't be the lightest bars ever, but they'll be super wide. Sunline makes some good bars. Kool makes a 800mm flat bar which is sick. You might have to get a new stem, because the bars might be a 7/8 clamp size. You'll definitely want to get a 31.8 clamp bar though if possible.

Jameez

Chimp
May 19, 2009
Pennsylvania
Yeh they do look a little overkill, 5lbs to say the least. Those gravity light bars and stem look cool I'll have to check fleabay to see if I can score a bar and stem.

creddy

Chimp
Sep 2, 2009
Fresno, CA
Do you know what clamp size the bar is? It looks like it's a 25.4, but I could be wrong. If it's a 25.4, then you can just replace the bars, and keep the stem. There won't be as many super wide options, but you'll keep the stem.

Jameez

Chimp
May 19, 2009
Pennsylvania
Do you know what clamp size the bar is? It looks like it's a 25.4, but I could be wrong. If it's a 25.4, then you can just replace the bars, and keep the stem. There won't be as many super wide options, but you'll keep the stem.
I'm not sure the size, The bike didn't arrive yet.(ebay) it will be here Tuesday. What I really want to do is get a direct mount stem because the azonic that is on there looks lost on the shivers. but I can't find one for shivers, Do they even make aftermarket direct mount stems for shivers? I've seen them for the 888's just not sure if the 888 one will fit the shivers.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I'm not sure the size, The bike didn't arrive yet.(ebay) it will be here Tuesday. What I really want to do is get a direct mount stem because the azonic that is on there looks lost on the shivers. but I can't find one for shivers, Do they even make aftermarket direct mount stems for shivers? I've seen them for the 888's just not sure if the 888 one will fit the shivers.
hmmm...a 888 top crown will not fit the shiver.

I'm not sure if the shiver ever came with a direct mount stem option.

Toss up a post in the DH forum (try a search first...)...I'm sure you'll get some answers...correct or not, well, I can't say...