Quantcast

crazy hoh

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
its spring break here at WSU, so i took a short trip out to the Hoh rainforest and backpacked into the coast north of La Push. Went with a good friend and his dog, took some pictures. If you haven't been to the Hoh i suggest taking a trip. I heard its the only protected rain forest in the northen hemisphere. We had some seriously kick ass weather for the washington coast in March.

Theres moss on everything

such a crazy hoh

i'm a tree hugger usually, but this one looked at me the wrong way

blue heron

we went to the ocean too

whats a trip to the ocean without a sunset pic?

hope thats not too many pics. enjoy!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I visited that rainforest a few years ago and it was one of the most amazing places I've ever been to.

Thanks for the pictures!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I visited that Hoh a few years ago. It was dry as a bone, dust blowing around and all the moss was brown.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'll be riding on a trail call Humptulips down the road from Hoh here in a few months.:rofl:

Looks like good times, any stroll that doesn't result in parole is a good one.;)

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
A few years ago I went up to WA to visit a friend living in Seattle, and we spent a few days backpacking in the same area. This is my favorite pic from that trip:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
thanks for the props. Goonies was filmed south of here on the oregon coast by centralia i think. We were originally going to hike the Lake Ozette boardwalk, but they don't allow pets on that particular trail. A guy at the hardware store in Forks drew us a map tp a secret trail into the beach that was more sweet. Not only was it secret, but we took the dog and the beach was more or less private. My buddy did have his service dog card, in case we were hassled.

And skookum, very very true. This was my first adventure into the outdoors since i've been sober these last few months. It was alot different, and alot more enjoyable. less complications

we ran into this guys herd, and i threw some apples at em all

kickin back

peace

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
I took a road trip from Vancouver to Southern Oregon with my surboard strapped to my car. I remember stopping somewhere inthe Hoh and surfing an unnamed spot. It was very fun, but I was by myself and I had to keep dodging logs a stuff in the waves. Almost got impaled twice, but it was fun none the less.

Beautiful part of the world

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
boostindoubles said:
And skookum, very very true. This was my first adventure into the outdoors since i've been sober these last few months. It was alot different, and alot more enjoyable. less complications
So true, i've been clean for almost 14 years now and look how normal i turned out.:wave::looney: :D

i've been running into alot of Elk lately myself, but i don't throw apples at em. They're alot bigger than me.

J

JRB

Cool pics, but I have to say that I am more than disappointed that there wasn't some chick gettin' down with a really short skirt and corn rows after I got in here.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Those are some great shots! I need to get up that way. I know there is a spot there on a rock that was voted "quietest place in the continental US".

Also, Goonies was filmed in Astoria, OR.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Skookum said:
i've been running into alot of Elk lately myself, but i don't throw apples at em. They're alot bigger than me.
yea i was thinking more along the lines of tasty snack for the elk than harrassment. We bought this pre-sacked bag of apples in Forks and half of them turned out to be un-edible, and the other half were just mediocre. i suppose thats what i get for growing up in an orchard. i'm a fruit snob.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
boostindoubles said:
yea i was thinking more along the lines of tasty snack for the elk than harrassment. We bought this pre-sacked bag of apples in Forks and half of them turned out to be un-edible, and the other half were just mediocre. i suppose thats what i get for growing up in an orchard. i'm a fruit snob.
So you're telling me you pawn off crappy fruit to elk and not expect them to kick your ass?:clue: ;)

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
pixelninja said:
A few years ago I went up to WA to visit a friend living in Seattle, and we spent a few days backpacking in the same area. This is my favorite pic from that trip:

yo! this pic kicks ass. we didnt backpack up and down the coast, although i would have liked too. We threw our packs down when we hit the beach and pitched tent. Next visit, if i have more time i'd like to travel up and down the coast for a few days. :)