Quantcast

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Ok....so this german dude and his family moved in down the street from me a little while back. He's got a 4-year old daughter. So they were walking down the street a month or so ago. Both my kids are very outgoing with other kids. They were eating popsicles or something when german dude and daughter walk past our house. Gracie runs up to them and immediately asks the daughter if she wants a popsicle. So anyway, introductions all around etc etc...I get the kid a popsicle. And they are playing in the yard. All very suburban scene.

Gracie then wants to invite the kid inside to show her new friend her toys....and dad shows no objection...."Um...ok I guess". So in they go. House is in no real shape for "entertaining". And quite frankly I had been in the middle of doing some work around the house. Dad takes off his sweater and makes himself comfy. Um...ok. So they play for a while. I manage to deflect the girls back outside again. Anyway....they stay a little too long for my liking. But whatever. New guy in the neighbourhood...I can finish my project later. etc...

So. Following week. They show up again. Wife is sick. Ain't no-one going inside. Kid makes a B-line for the door. "Um no. we're staying outside". Kid protests. Dad says something in german. They stay outside. (and it was 1/2 hour before dinner anyway). When we do go in, the kid was not happy. They actually stood in our driveway for at least 5 mins after we went in.

Following week. Had been at my parents' with the girls. I'ts 4:45 pm. Everyone is tired. We're chilling out on the sofa before dinner watcing TV. A knock at the window. It's the kid! Standing in our garden. Dad is with her. My kids get all riled up. But it was not play time. It's dinner time. I open the door. kid forces herself past me to get in. I grab her and have to put her back outside. SHe flips out. I tell the dad that it's not play time. He appears put-out by this. And they they leave.

Have not heard from them since.

HOWEVER.

A similar situation happened with our neighbour across the street. The germans show up as they just returned from the grocery store. Kid heads for the front door as groceries were being unloaded. The mom (owner of the house), stops the kid and says no we can't play. They had stuff to do. Kid flips out. German dad rolls his eyes and says "Well if you explain to her why she can't go in shoe wouldn't be upset!". (um no dad....that's YOUR job).

And the best story of them all: Yet another neighbour is in the UPSTAIRS bathroom getting ready to bathe her kids. Prior to bathing, she had an urge that needed tending to....ie: she was sitting on the can. No-one but her and the kids in the house, so the door was not closed. Guess who walks in on her IN HER UPSTARIS BATHROOM. The german. Apparently the kid somehow went darting into the house. He went in after her. Did not announce himself.....at least not sufficiently.

But sufficed to say, the new neighbour has not really made a good impression in the neighbourhood.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
If you silly canucks just locked your door he wouldn't be able to just walk in.

BTW does he look like this guy?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
MMike, if they offer to remodel your house, under no cirucmstances should you let them. Those fvckers can't do floorplan drafting worth sh*t. A buddy of mine had a remodeling contractor that was German. The moron somehow managed to get the gas lines and the water lines swapped.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
We had a couple angry bickering German nudists hot on our tails for parts of our West Coast Trail Hike.

Good motivation to keep moving.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I thought it was about to get good at.....

"She had an urge that needed tended to"

only to find out that the climax of the story was the neighbor dropping milk duds before giving her kids a bath.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I actually think ANY drama with neighbors or in the neighborhood sucks, no matter where i'm livin. I hate feeling uncomfortable when i go home because of something that happened. Home is where you should be the most comfortable.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I actually think ANY drama with neighbors or in the neighborhood sucks, no matter where i'm livin. I hate feeling uncomfortable when i go home because of something that happened. Home is where you should be the most comfortable.
That's pretty much where we are. Neither my wife of I are in any great hurry to spend time with these people now. Just too weird. But I also don't want to "punish" the kids....mine or his.

That kid DOES need some discipline. The few times they've played together, she's been running all over other peoples' yards, both willy AND nilly.

They came from "apartment living". The guy knows NOTHING about suburban life. Doesn't own a lawn mower.....doesn't understand why you need to rake leaves etc...which is fine. He'll learn. But I guess where they were, the kids would move from one apartment to another freely? I've no idea.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
At my old house, there was a 6 year old girl that would ride her bike and run it in to our garage door over and over and over while we were both at work. She would also throw things at our dogs over the fence and poke at them through the fence. Lucky for us, all of the other neighbors liked us enough to yell at the girl when she would do such things. We had to yell at her more than once too. Sucks because it just makes such awkward times around the parents. They were our next door neighbor.