Quantcast

CRC Intense is done?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
So you're saying ACC couldn't win a WC DH? ;)
I hope it is irony because I start to doubt in reading comprehension on RM.

And Yes ACC maybe (!!!) is able to win a WC(ppl said the same bout Nico) but thats not really the topic here (Kovarik, CRC and Intense are).

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
yeah, he totally didn't beat a bunch of world cup podium regulars at crankworx.....
Your an idiot. Read what I wrote. I never said he couldnt win. I said he isnt a contender every week. How many regular wc pros were going all out? Regardless of the number when was the last time he won a wc? I love watching him ride. Im not bashing the guy.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Don't want to speak too much for CK, but...
He has been living out of a suitcase for over 10 years, never has had a chance to get grounded-that takes its toll. Same thing happened to Rennie. I would like to see CK take a season off, recharge his batteries, clinic some riders back home, rest up, get hungry again. After watching 5 days of practice at MSA, I watched CK the first couple days and he just looked bored. Then the day of seeding, in practice he looked really, really good. He later had a top 10 time and he was CRUISING. He still has the talent, strength, head for winning....but I think he just needs a break-and I told him that.

Little to honest of a dialog here for a forum, but F it, the fans can handle it.

As for ACC, I think I spoke of this in the whistler thread, but my wife did a bunch of riding with ACC there and they chatted a lot. Think of the pressure that is on ACC to live up to that legend!...she does, she was so nervous at the start of all those races knowing the entire sport says "oh, she could slaughter those chicks even with 4 crashes, etc..." And that is the reason she decided not to race the world championships, she can't even race for fun because she HAS to ride well, or the world comes to an end "Oh my god, ACC got beat!!". Don't know if that made any sense, but thats what I got from my missus.

When you are the greatest female rider of all time and there will never be anyone as bada$$ as you, nothing left to prove, it sure must make having a good time 'racing' that much harder.

Last edited:

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
Good post stik. Good point about ck as well as acc. I never meant to sound negitive about ck. It just doesnt look like he has it for what ever reason. Plus he is getting older, nobody can expect him to be a total ripper until he is 50.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
He has been living out of a suitcase for over 10 years, never has had a chance to get grounded-that takes its toll. Same thing happened to Rennie. I would like to see CK take a season off, recharge his batteries, clinic some riders back home, rest up, get hungry again. After watching 5 days of practice at MSA, I watched CK the first couple days and he just looked bored. Then the day of seeding, in practice he looked really, really good. He later had a top 10 time and he was CRUISING. He still has the talent, strength, head for winning....but I think he just needs a break-and I told him that.

Little to honest of a dialog here for a forum, but F it, the fans can handle it.

As for ACC, I think I spoke of this in the whistler thread, but my wife did a bunch of riding with ACC there and they chatted a lot. Think of the pressure that is on ACC to live up to that legend!...she does, she was so nervous at the start of all those races knowing the entire sport says "oh, she could slaughter those chicks even with 4 crashes, etc..." And that is the reason she decided not to race the world championships, she can't even race for fun because she HAS to ride well, or the world comes to an end "Oh my god, ACC got beat!!". Don't know if that made any sense, but thats what I got from my missus.

When you are the greatest female rider of all time and there will never be anyone as bada$$ as you, nothing left to prove, it sure must make having a good time 'racing' that much harder.
that totally makes sense, thats why a lot of pro's do retire at the top of their game I guess. All in all, at the end of the day thought, its up to you, and what matters to you, and legacy, well, legacy is something everyone wants!

norbar

Jun 7, 2007

Good points as stated above. I can see what a year without a break did to Peatys for the most of this season so I can see how damaging can it be if you do it for 5 years.
As for ACC, I think the drive that once made her win now kills the fun in riding for her. Kinda sad as after all she has done she should have the privelage to do whatever she wants and if that means being a bit slower and all the assholes keeping their mouths shut so be it.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Too bad, I would love to see her race more. Not for her winning everything but just to watch her amazing riding style.
Too sad that all the "old" guys and gals don't continue racing, wouldn't mind at all if it was on a lower level. There should be a Vet Pro class at WC races, that would be sick! :thumb:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Too bad, I would love to see her race more. Not for her winning everything but just to watch her amazing riding style.
Too sad that all the "old" guys and gals don't continue racing, wouldn't mind at all if it was on a lower level. There should be a Vet Pro class at WC races, that would be sick! :thumb:
Some of them do (or did until recently) - Klaussman, Vasquez for example.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
QUOTE]

Tell him to move to Whistler and teach ridemonkey hacks like me to be fast. LOL.

It's awesome to watch him shred courses.