Quantcast

creatine and dh training?

birdman2447

Chimp
Aug 6, 2008
I have a friend who has been lifting in the winters and rides hard the other 3 seasons. He swears by creatine as a training supplement. I cant see the benifit in the dh world, what is your guys view on this?

tacubaya

Monkey
Dec 19, 2009
Mexico City
Creatine is great for high intensity low duration intervals. It has been tested extensively in basically all sports and disciplines, including XC and road cycling (with mixed results). As a bodybuilding supplement it is without a doubt the best non-steroidal aid.

I would say the best supplement for cycling is Beta Alanine. It buffers lactic acid and delays leg burn during sprinting or intense climbing.

Try creatine out, it's cheap and safe. 10 g per day for 5-7 days, then keep taking 5g/day for as long as you want. I usually take 2 months of creatine and 2 off or something like that but there is no need for cycling it.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Creatine seems to up my endurance in the gym, but I do lift heavy for the most part. I would say it would have it's beneficial spots but remember to stay more hydrated than usual, it can cause cramping if you do not. Also to the statement about about non-steroidal aid, I would have to disagree, putting some herbal testosterone boosters that are tribulus based ahead.

drastic.

Monkey
May 16, 2011
pleasanton, ca
Creatine seems to up my endurance in the gym, but I do lift heavy for the most part. I would say it would have it's beneficial spots but remember to stay more hydrated than usual, it can cause cramping if you do not. Also to the statement about about non-steroidal aid, I would have to disagree, putting some herbal testosterone boosters that are tribulus based ahead.
tribulus is great for libido and boners.
seriously, thats about it.

take tribulus in combination w/ an anti-estro for PCT purposes, but dont expect any gains in particular out of it.. :confused:

sham imo!