Quantcast

Creatine Side affects?

Tru

Chimp
Dec 13, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
The only thing you'll risk is dehydration. You'll need to drink at least a gallon of water per day. Creatine is a muscle cell volumizer, and will dehydrate you if you're not careful..... Cramping is no fun. Also make sure to eat right and lift accordingly. You'll need to be on a mass building program. I prefer power lifts, but that comes from my background in college football. Do whatever you prefer, but make sure you're really working your muscles well.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Bonk
Does it really help that much in building mass? ..and if so am I going to end up looking like a balloon? I prefer a more defined look, but need to put on some mass at the same time.
It varies from person to person. I've been taking creatine for about five years now and I really don't "puff up" at all (BTW, that puffing affect is water retention, which can be combated by drinking more water). As far as side affects go, there is no conclusive scientific evidence that shows negative side affects of creatine use. The only one I've experienced is cramping during cardio (mostly side cramps and calf cramps during spinning classes). Creatine is very helpful is gaining muscle mass, as it allows your muscles to work a little bit longer during workouts, but that extra rep or two creatine helps you pump out goes a long way in breaking down your muscle tissue.

Bonk, building mass while keeping a defined look at the same time is very difficult. You really need to choose one or the other. Eight pounds is not that much weight though, so as long as you keep a clean diet, you don't have to worry too much about losing definition.