Quantcast

Credit Card Scam: EBOOKS BROOKSHIRE

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Just thought I'd post this here in case any monkeys wanna go check their statement history:

I noticed a charge on one of my credit cards from EBOOKS BROOKSHIRE for $10.00. At first I didn't think much of it because I was traveling and bought stuff at the airport, etc.

Then I realized that I DON'T CARRY THAT CARD WITH ME, and I hadn't used it in over a year.

So I looked into it and apparently this is a big time scam, this company just charges small amounts of money to every card number it can get its hands on. Most people probably never realize it even happened. I have no idea how they got my card number.

Anyway I cancelled the card and disputed the charge. It might be a good idea for y'all to check your statements for the past year or so.

It seems like they generally charge $5, $10, or $15. They only charged the card once.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Thanks for the heads up - I'll have to go over my statements as I use on of my cards over the web occasionally and I'm guessing that's how they get them. Do these people ever get caught? I don't recall seeing much on big time CC scammers being prosecuted.

jrbbikerx

Chimp
Jul 23, 2007
NJ
Thats a pretty good scam actually because most people usually just chalk up a $5 or $10 charge to a misc. item somewhere. I wonder if this will ever make news.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Thats a pretty good scam actually because most people usually just chalk up a $5 or $10 charge to a misc. item somewhere. I wonder if this will ever make news.
this has been the way of the credit card scammer for many a year. the one brush i had with credit card fraud was much more blatant, when someone opened another paypal account with one of my credit cards, and then promptly charged up ~$1500 in "miscellaneous personal services" or the like on it.

yes: my stolen card number was apparently used to pay for a hooker. who knew they took paypal?

:busted:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
this has been the way of the credit card scammer for many a year. the one brush i had with credit card fraud was much more blatant, when someone opened another paypal account with one of my credit cards, and then promptly charged up ~$1500 in "miscellaneous personal services" or the like on it.

yes: my stolen card number was apparently used to pay for a hooker. who knew they took paypal?

:busted:
yeah, yeah... it was "stolen by someone":busted: