Quantcast

Credit score...

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Anyone know their credit score?

I have an 809, and some ass-hat Dr's office sent a $55 "debt" (that I know I don't owe) to a collection agency, and they sent me a final notice that in 5 days, this will appear on my credit score...

a... can they do that with such a small amount?
b... will anyone give a fack?
c.... and ohhhhhh! will my credit score go down 5 points? :eek:

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Crashby said:
Anyone know their credit score?

I have an 809, and some ass-hat Dr's office sent a $55 "debt" (that I know I don't owe) to a collection agency, and they sent me a final notice that in 5 days, this will appear on my credit score...

a... can they do that with such a small amount?
b... will anyone give a fack?
c.... and ohhhhhh! will my credit score go down 5 points? :eek:

yes, they can do it over such a small amount.

If you are disputing the amount, you need to get the dispute recorded- I forget how you do that exactly, but it involves letter writing. I had a $200 dr bill under dispute on my CR for years, and I finally had to suck it up and pay it after like 7 years when I was applying for a mortgage and that was the only thing holding up the approval.

geargrrl

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i'm at 757. not bad for a 24 year old with no job :D

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
That's a great credit score, btw.

You have to dispute it. It still may cause a hit, but with a score that high, you've probably got enough other accounts in good standing to ensure that it will only be a small one.

How small? I don't know, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was pretty safe you'll stay above 780 or so (not seeing the rest of your credit, so this is just a guess.)

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Ill pay up I guess... $55 is no big deal... but funny I stood by this one, and it took over 3 years for it to get to this point... lol...

splat

Nam I am
I had an Issue like that , and I called the Dr office that the bill is coming from and asked for a copy of the actual record of service. ( But They MUST have a rcord of the service they performed ) and It was mine, It was a lab test that was sent to them , but .... they made a mistake on sending to my Insurance co.

Long story short , lots of Phone calls , the insurance co paid it.

Last time I checked my Credit rating , when I re-finaced my House 2 years ago it was 855