Quantcast

Crikey- He's Dead

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, has died after being stung by a stingray in Queensland, according to reports.

Mr Irwin apparently died in a marine accident on the Great Barrier Reef, initial reports say.

A spokeswoman for Irwin's Australia Zoo said she was aware of the reports but the zoo would not be making any statements at this stage.
From The Age, breaking news

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
man, i ve seen friends stung by stingrays... theres no way that nutter was killed by a ray, unless it s a frank black 80' manta ray...

i smell elvis...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Apparently it was only the 3rd recorded case in Australia of fatal attacks by stingrays. In the other 2 the barb penetrated the heart as well. When ya luck runs out, it really runs out.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Poor bastard...

At least an animal got him. Woulda sucked if he had been hit by a bus or something.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Well, when you spend a lifetime ****ing with wild animals that dont want to be ****ed with, eventually the odds catch up. I used to like Steve Irwin, but when I was in Australia with the Marines he was supposed to come out to the training area and talk to like 30-40,000 US&Australian troops about...whatever...****ing with wild animals I guess. Well, the day came for him to show up and he never did. We tried calling his people and they acted like they didnt know how to get ahold of him and he totally went back on his word. So while I admire the attention he brought to the natural world and undoubtedly convinced many kids that conservation is a key thing, I thought of him as a bit of a jerk. Sucks that he's dead though. ****ing StingRays!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
This is a tragic loss to all, but especially for Australia. Not only was Mr. Erwin beloved, he represented over 43% of the nation's strategic stereotype reserves, Australia's main natural resource.

RIP, Steve-o. Sounds like he wasn't even screwing with the stingray; just a freak accident that could have happened to any diver.

MD

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
This is a tragic loss to all, but especially for Australia. Not only was Mr. Erwin beloved, he represented over 43% of the nation's strategic stereotype reserves, Australia's main natural resource.
:clue:

renorider40

Monkey
Aug 22, 2005
wow, what are the chances of that, only the third recorded case and it happens to him, after all the other animals he has been around.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Well, when you spend a lifetime ****ing with wild animals that dont want to be ****ed with, eventually the odds catch up. I used to like Steve Irwin, but when I was in Australia with the Marines he was supposed to come out to the training area and talk to like 30-40,000 US&Australian troops about...whatever...****ing with wild animals I guess. Well, the day came for him to show up and he never did. We tried calling his people and they acted like they didnt know how to get ahold of him and he totally went back on his word. So while I admire the attention he brought to the natural world and undoubtedly convinced many kids that conservation is a key thing, I thought of him as a bit of a jerk. Sucks that he's dead though. ****ing StingRays!
That's some real class there, BS. Is anything ever not about you? Back to the ignore list you go.

Bummer about the Croc Hunter. He did some prtty cool shows. Of course I am not surprised about his death, though.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That's some real class there, BS. Is anything ever not about you? Back to the ignore list you go.

Bummer about the Croc Hunter. He did some prtty cool shows. Of course I am not surprised about his death, though.
one could also argue that BS is showing the appropriate level of empathy that one should demonstrate for a COMPLETE STRANGER who happened to be on TV (or so i gather, i don't know of the guy).

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States

RIP, Steve-o. Sounds like he wasn't even screwing with the stingray; just a freak accident that could have happened to any diver.

MD
hahaha:cheers:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I imagine Paul Hogan is surrounded by members of the Aussie SAS as we speak.